Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Smart Devices to Vodafone Gigabit Broadband

Options
  • 16-01-2023 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I was with Eir for fibre broadband and recently switched to Vodafone. Since I switched I can't get my robot hoover (Roborock) or air quality indicator (Awair) to connect to the broadband.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you attempted to connect them to the new Wi-Fi network? The settings will change with each provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

... even if you set same name on WiFi.

You might need to "forget" network on your appliences, then join again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brownep

I too have a similar issue with my new Vodafone Gigabox. Smart home devices mostly use the 2.4mHz band but this box will not permit personal choice of band and automatically selects the stronger one in whichever location the device is. My heating controls are within three meters of the router so even though I have them set up and working the box seems to want to switch them to the 5 Mhz band which cannot connect.The result is a nasty cycle. Usually after about ten minutes of connection the change is attempted and the controls are lost for a few minutes before restoring the 2.4 band. And then the cycle begins again. There appears to be no way available to the householder to split the bands and select whichever one suits the device. The same applies to my Internet radio. Vodafone told me that the Guest network only operates on the 2.4 band but I don't believe that. That is my theory but if anyone out there has better information I would love to hear it.

There was several threads regard re-enabling split WiFi on VF gigabox, perhaps still possible.

If cannot get gigabox split, then introducing independant AP(e.g mesh system, dedicated AP or another/old router configured in AP mode) that you have full control might be option for you

Post edited by smuggler.ie on

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brownep

Since my previous comment I tried a different Modem/router and everything is perfect except that my Vodafone VOIP wont work. So I'm now thinking of going back to the Gigabox and configuring my spare router as an access point. It's a shame as the alternative box I have is a Fritzbox and it is a flyer. Streets ahead of the Gigabox in terms of coverage and speed, not to mention connectivity. Has anyone got a good guide to setting it up as an AP?

• Advertisement

Isn't there "AP mode" on Fritz? Set static IP of high number on LAN (or reservation on gigabox)so you know it wont be handed by "mistake" to something else

Setting up the FRITZ!Box as an IP client (recommended)

Set up the FRITZ!Box as an IP client if you want to easily integrate the FRITZ!Box into an existing network. When used as an IP client,

the functions parental controls and guest access are not available.

all devices have unrestricted access to the internet and all other devices, regardless of whether they are connected to the FRITZ!Box or the other router.

computers, smartphones, and other devices connected to the FRITZ!Box still obtain their IP settings from the existing router.

the firewall of the FRITZ!Box is disabled.

Advertisement