Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I Buy A Property For Kids Going To 3rd Level?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭The Spider

All of these are residential roads a 1.1k to ranelagh a 15 minute walk, not the same thing as Griffith avenue at all, location dictates price, even where I live there are huge detached 259 sqm houses, a five minute drive from town going for the Same prices as a semid in the town, closer you are to amenities in a ‘good’ part of town/city higher the price, regardless of build, finish etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,890 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Griffith Avenue is literally a 7 minute walk to Drumcondra Road upper and 22 minutes walk to if you want all the way through to the other end at Drumcondra Road lower.

You'd want to be one huge obese lad to be needing a car or a taxi to do that.

All a lovely area either way, I'd much rather live there than Rathmines.

Ranelagh would win out though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

There is no 3 or 4 bed house for 500k in any of those locations.

There are some ex Council houses around that price in nearby areas. Great care is needed going into such an area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

So you’d rather Chelmsford Road rather than Temple Gardens? Broad generalisations can often be picked apart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

I was reading about someone who had a rental property, which he didnt want to rent anymore, in (i cant remember the exact place but i'll say Cork city). His son got a place in college in Dublin (DCU), so that was his plan to have the son stay in his property during uni.

So he advertised a swap in UCC.

Basically he advertised that he would let someone have his house in Cork city for college if they would provide a property for his son near DCU. He matched up with someone who owned an apartment in Dublin and both their children lived in their respective properties for the duration of their college years.

If you already have a property anywhere maybe you could try that. Another option is buy a 2 bed apartment and go 2 to a room. Like most of us did in uni :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement