Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I make it clear it's just for physical needs?

• 17-01-2023 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I would like some female input on this matter. An ex of mine said she was still interested in me after some years, it was I who broke it up as I didn't want to be in a relationship back then and my mind hasn't changed, but we still remain very close and it's clear she would still finds me attractive. We're both not seeing anyone as far as I can tell, and I wouldn't mind upgrading to intimacy, as long as it's clear it wouldn't be a relationship. What would be the best way for me to explain to her we could give each other physical support of this matter if she wants, but not be dating? We already spend time together anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

So you get what you want, she gets what you want but not what she wants. Ger your kicks elsewhere and don't mess this girl around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Had this done to me.

It was really horrible. I had some responsibility but the guy was happy to take all he wanted and just got rid when he was done.

Leave her alone, she will think its going somewhere and it'll end up with her in tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Do not go there.

Clean break and get what you want elsewhere.

Really unfair. Stringing along.

No amount of this is just fun sayings is enough. You know the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭mykrodot

Jeez ........"upgrading to intimacy"! First time I heard that phrase. Leave her alone, there are plenty of women out there who want the same as you, one night stands. This girl is clearly looking for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭lucalux

Nope. Not with an ex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭standardg60

OP is trolling surely? No one is that cold.

In this online dating era I can assure you there are plenty of people that cold and colder.

If it wasn't an ex and knowing they have feelings I wouldn't see the problem.

If they're on the same page, absolutely. But plenty of people, mainly guys, misrepresent their intentions.

Quite possibly true. A yes a yes for me. A no is a no, generally. Of course after a bit of a sounding out chat. If I'm not sure, I'm not going there. I know both sentences probably contradic each other, but you know what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Why not simply just tell her your intention ,

If she's ok with it then fine,

If she's not then also fine move on ,

Don't understand the issue with just asking her,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

First post. looks like a troll who wants an ex whom he dumped to be a fcuk buddy with no strings attached so thats what you need to tell her, anything less is abuse.

maybe below in case two hands are not on keyboard

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I would echo most posters and recommend not going there. It’s highly likely she still has feelings for you and would agree to this just to be closer to you in the hood something more woud happen. Either that or she will be very annoyed and lose the friendship. If it was her that did the breaking up it would be a different story but it wasn’t.

Find a no strings attached shag buddy on tinder instead.

Yep. 100%.

You want something and cool with it...BUT you know they're just hoping.

If you go ahead and turn around and say "I thought we had an agreement ", that's just dishonest. You know.

I think overall for both of you a clean break. Maybe in years time, who knows.

It's not particularly hard to get sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I think you should go for it. Nothing to lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

"physical support" Come here would you go away out of it. You just want the ride is all.

Leave her alone.

Scummy behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Girls/Ladies without trying to annoy ye or put ye down, I'd say this thread has been penned by a troll whom enjoys getting reactions from women.

Just my two cents.

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Blind As A Bat

"Give each other physical support"

What did you have in mind? Walking frame? Crutches? Stair lift? Post-coital snacks courtesy of meals on wheels?

• Advertisement
Advertisement