Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in Ireland selling a beer called BRUXELLENSIS, made by Brewery de la Senne?

• 17-01-2023 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭

I won't go into the details why, but I would like to buy one bottle of this beer, in Ireland

(no import / customs / hassle)

I have been told it's not available in Ireland.

I wonder do any of the knowledgeable people on here know for sure if that's true?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I think the best thing you could do is to contact either a distributer or an off licence that you know has a decent Belgian beer selection. I don't think I've seen many BDLS beers in Ireland before, let alone the one you are looking for.

I can suggest you call McHugh's Off Licence in Kilbarrack, they normally have a wide selection of Belgian beers, and are usually very helpful with ordering stuff from their suppliers, IF their suppliers have a partnership with the brewery in question.

The beer you are looking for seems to be a fairly common style, a Brett Pale Ale, so I can suggest some alternatives that will have the same ballpark flavour profile, and I know are available here as I buy them regularly.

Orval

Straffe Hendrik Wild

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JBarnes1986

I've never seen this on sale in Ireland.A few places stocked Taras Boulba & Zinnebir but never Bruxellensis.I actually got a few bottles of it before Xmas but it was online from Finest Belgian Beers so you risk customs.You're best bet is the lads in Drinkstore.They normally have the best selection of Belgian beers outside of the usual Trappist etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I have seen Bruxellensis in Ireland: my local SuperValu stocked it briefly back in 2017. I'm guessing Grand Cru was the distributor. I don't think anyone is importing De La Senne at the moment though, OP, so you're out of luck.

Advertisement