Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting Power

Options
  • 18-01-2023 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Anyone dealt with this online platform for renting a room?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Charlie3030

I have used them for renting out, but you may want to rent a room? The main downside of it is in my opinion (and this should go also for the person renting), that the renter only sends a short description of him/herself, and as host you can only accept or decline. I have now decided not to use them anymore because of this. The two tenants I had via HP were great ppl, but could also have been completely crazy. Using daft now (and are finding good and crazy ppl there as well :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 1 b12honey

Hi, would like to know if this renting website is reliable?

If can chat directly with the landlord in advance would be more helpful. Only few pictures and description for both renter and landlord look too little to make the decision.

Appreciated if anyone can provide more details. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭twiddleypop

I signed up as a host and am having a horrible experience with my guest.

The agency is no help at all- I am going to ask her to leave tomorrow.

They charge a 450 fee just to book the room which is extortionate- then dont help when there is a problem. I would not have used them had I known this.

Maybe 50-100 charge but 450 is totally exploitative.

Advertisement