Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVB receiver.

Options
  • 18-01-2023 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how i could hook up this dvb receiver box to the dish i currently have on my house. Is it possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭MenloPete

No - It is a terrestrial receiver, not satellite - it will take an aerial input,

Blazer HD705 SE T2 Digital Terrestrial Receiver – Freesat.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Thanks for replying. Will have to return it so.

Below seems to be the only approved saorview satellite box on the market. It seems quite expensive.

Would the below box give you the same Irish & UK channels if connected to dish?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No, that box is for use with an aerial so unless you live close to the NI border you won't get any channels. You won't get satellite channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,558 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057971250/zgemma-h7s-guide/p1

This combi terrestrial satellite is recommended by people here on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 44 stueymc

Seems to be a bit of confusion here.

SaorView can be picked up with an "old style" tv aerial. SaorSat needs a satellite dish.

SaorView with an aerial - the aerial needs to be pointed in the right direction, most newish tv.'s can decode the signal. SaorSat needs a dish pointed at Eutelsat 9, and needs a different LNB to what your Sky/FreeSat dish uses. SaorSat is on a completely different set of satellites than FreeSat/Sky.

A receiver combi box can take satellite and aerial signals in, and then you can use the one receiver for all your satellite and terrestrial signals. I've used Amiko Combo Receiver boxes(I think Edison boxes are the same) for this for years - very simple, cheap box. Not a lot of fancy stuff on it - does the job.

If you are in an area where you can use an aerial for SaorView, its a much easier option(in my opinion).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Thanks for the response. . If i buy an amiko combo receiver box can i get both saorview and free sat channels in one list using the dish connections. Is that possible? Or is that what you are saying above that its not. I cant use the saorview aerial as it at back of tv and would have wire runnning down wall to connect to box.

What i am trying to achieve is one list of irish and uk channels pre programmed .

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 44 stueymc

On the back of the Amiko combo receiver there are connections for both a satellite dish and a terrestrial aerial. When everything is connected, and correctly aligned, you can tune in the satellite channels, and Saorview channels. Everything will appear in a long list, but you can sort it out into a Favourites list, Saorview list, Satellite List, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

Just to help a bit further if you buy the box from here it will come pre programmed with UK channels and all you have to do is scan SAORVIEW.

sw..

Advertisement