Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golden Baubles Awards 2022 - The Nominations

Options
  • 18-01-2023 11:31am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the inaugural Golden Baubles Awards, a moment where we reflect on the 2022 season and vote for our favourite moments. First up are the nominations.

And the categories are;

1. Favoruite Day in Season 22
    2. Favourite Christmas Special watched in 2022
    3. Favourite thing you watched over Christmas 2022
    4. Favourite song of the season
    5. Favourite Ad of the season
    6. Favourite thread from 2022
    7. Favourite Forum moment of 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Had done up a huge response to this but it came up as a double post, edited the second one but both deleted... might get time later to re do it... 😫

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

1.      Favourite Day in Season 22

We didn’t have much of a Christmas this year due to our family travels so the day thst stands out for me wouldn’t be an obvious one I suspect. The day that felt the ultimate Christmassy for me would have been Friday Nov. 25th, this was the day we put up our Christmas decorations and was also the day of the late late toy show. Whilst the kids have moved into the ‘knowing’ stage its still a really special day for us in the build up and it was great having Christmas FM in the background as we slowly reinvented our house for the coming season.

2.      Favourite Christmas Special watched in 2022

We didn’t really get much opportunity to watch anything new this year, we’d normally watch the ‘Call the Midwife’ Christmas special but forgot to set the Sky box to record it so cant actually recollect watching any Christmas specials. We did watch the 2 Gavin & Stacey specials in the build up (back to back one night in fact) and they’ll always stand out for me as my favourites so will go with the tried & trusted & say they were the stand outs.

3.      Favourite thing you watched over Christmas 2022

As per the above, we didn’t watch much this year due to the travels, but we did get to watch a few movies (good & bad) in the build up, most of the new ones were pretty poor truth be told but I did enjoy re-watching ‘The boy who saved Christmas’ more than I expected to, so will say that was probably my favourite thing watched over the season.

4.      Favourite song of the season

I have to admit it was total karma for me when Christmas FM kicked off the 2022 live broadcast with my favourite Christmas song of all time, ‘It’s the most wonderful time of the year’ by Andy Williams, I didn’t get to listen in as much this year for varying reasons so it was a real highlight to kick it off in style with that song.

My favourite ‘new’ song was probably Lizzo’s ‘Someday at Christmas’ , it was a nice addition to the Christmas FM playlist and found myself enjoying it the more I heard it.

5.      Favourite Ad of the season

In my humble opinion this was a poor year for adverts, a lot of the big hitters were wide of the mark and there were no real standout adverts. However, I did find the Amazon snow globe one a sweet advert that captured the season better than the vast majority, I really must revisit the advert thread to see if anything else stands out more than it did at the time, but for now I’d be lying if I said I could think of one better.

6.      Favourite thread from 2022

Normally this would be the Christmas advert thread,  its usually thethread I look forward to most of all starting in the build up and once the moratorium is lifted on Nov. 1st am dying to see what the offerings are, unfortunately this years crop weren’t great and the thread felt a bit lonely at times with less people contributing, so not sure if it retains the favourite thread for 2022. In fact in reality I’d have to say the thread I enjoyed visiting most was the Christmas FM one, whilst being an old & long thread its one that I love revisiting and reading back to posts of years gone by & always lifts my spirits & brings me right back to the buzz of launch day and sadness of last day, so will go with that for 2022.

7.      Favourite Forum moment of 2022

As a supporting contributor to freshpopcorns countdown thread, doing the weekly countdown, there are certain images that I really like & look forward to posting each year and theres always a small buzz when we reach each of these ones, I never point out which ones these are but they do give me random boosts of spirit throughout the year & I love that this still happens and I look forward to such trivial things each year. The one that I always get a kick out of (excitement & terrified in equal amounts) is the 1 week to go, Guinness bauble one, knowing we’re entering Christmas week & my contribution for the year is complete is always a favourite forum moment of mine.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Excellent answers DVB

Advertisement