Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it normal not having spare wheel and jack lift for VW Polo?

• 18-01-2023 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, I just bought a used VW Polo from a dealer. It's imported from Japan. I didn't check the bottom of the boot until I drove it home: it's empty, no spare wheel, no jack lift, no fire extinguisher, no triangle emergency signage. Is it a normal practice not to have them for imported used cars? And I wonder if it's legally required to have any of these items when you drive a car in Ireland? Many thanks~

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Normal practice? No. Possible? Yes.

You are not legally required to have any of those items in a car in Ireland.

What you are legally required to do, is ensure you take proper steps to ensure your car is roadworthy and does not break down on a motorway, or really any road, without the means to repair or change a tyre, phone for help etc.

So, while they may not have come equipped - because of requirements, or lack of, in their market of origin - a spare wheel or a jack, or a can of tyre weld and an electric pump, or whatever else you feel is appropriate for potential hazards, its up to you to fit them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

Japanese import Polos don’t come with a spare wheel or jack. Most small cars don’t come with one either these days to save weight and space

Sometimes they have expanding foam and an air pump instead

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tastestory

Many thanks! Good to know at least the dealer didn't miss things in my car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tastestory

Thank you, I'll equip those items myself then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

If you want to you should be able to pick up a spare wheel, jack and wheel brace from a car dismantler.

Your mechanic or garage will advise you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement