Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello Tomorrow! [Apple Tv]

Options
  • 18-01-2023 10:38pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Really liking the production design of this; a retro-futurist vision of 1950s America, with some really solid looking FX and commitment to the aesthetics. Anyone who ever played the Fallout games might immediately recognise the style going on here. Don't quite get what the plot is to this, the trailer seems to be forwarding that striking look of the thing.

The first three episodes drop on Feb. 17, the rest of the 10 episodes then weekly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This looks somewhat interesting

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For anyone interested, the first 4 episodes dropped today .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

1: Well. That felt a bit like a more modernish Grease style kinda Jetsons ish .. mixed with Disney Carousel of Progress feeling show...

Some kinda wierd undercurrent there though. Like they're up to something.

Sure, there's the finger breaking and I winced at that but.. the moon thing.. the whole moon thing..

Is it a con? Nothing in the views of the moon looked like there was any kind of major settlement up there.

But then.. what's happening to all the people.. are they just getting conned or something a lot darker happening?

three.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_Tomorrow!

1   "Your Brighter Tomorrow, Today"   Jonathan Entwistle   Amit Bhalla & Lucas Jansen   February 17, 2023

2   "Great Salesman Make Their Own Turf"   Jonathan Entwistle   Amit Bhalla & Lucas Jansen   February 17, 2023

3   "A Traveling Salesman Travels"   Jonathan Entwistle   Olivia Milch   February 17, 2023

4   "Forms, Appropriately Filled and Filed"   TBA   Wes Brown   February 24, 2023

2: Ooooh! I'll give them this much! It's really exciting! That hope story and optimism side! The whole undercurrent though!

Like.. is everything lies?! Just that tech on Earth has advanced but there's no moon programme?

but.. like.. what's going on with the people they sold to.

I dunno. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions!

Just. Seems like the head guy has made up the moon houses and marketing programme.

The gambling guy is doing his own type of con.

The people .. the clients they visit can come across dubious.

Just seems like it could be going to hit a wall or something.

I'm so confused! So.. the show has a decent hook then I guess 🙂

Right. Opening three episodes. Like.. it's well made but.. *shudders* oh! but it feels a bit wierd in a certain way.

3: Gah! This show has such an unsettling feel to it!

So it's got to all be a con right??! The wall they are gonna hit is maybe because they are staying in town, right? Something combined with yer wan making a complaint because she wants to leave earlier?!

Though this is a series and likely wants to have a second season... so somehow they'll get out just before everthing collapses maybe?

I never watched Mad Men.. is this something like Mad Men? Have I missed a beat maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just watched the first episode and not for me. I take it no one is actually on the moon at all and this is just salesmen running off with people's money.

Lol hover cars in 1950s America when they did not even have airbags or crumble zones yet even or CAD. Good luck with that. I am out.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

4: Oh no. Not feels! Not when the bigger story could be going down a bad path!

That Jack - Joey moment at the end. They might be exploring Jacks whole story maybe? Maybe it's gonna be it's own thing.

Liked the hologram tech.

5: Awe yeah! Phew! I kinda needed that by the end!

I think it was when Ms Mayburn started throwing down in the supermarket about her casserole! Awe yeah.. the tension was definitely after building up so much! All the lies! So many damn lies in this show!

Definitely all seems like a con now. Doesn't look like that family made a mistake about their moon launch. I mean.. there's the smallest tiny chance it could all be real and this is still a mixup but I doubt it.

This show comes across like a reverse of some others. Like.. in those ones, it's believing most things and figuring out what the lie is to be revealed but in this show it seems to be maybe believing nothing and trying to figure out the truth line that the showrunners want to reveal.

6: Gah. It's sooo.. grim. It reminds me of Avenue 5 in bits and pieces but it's all so serious.

I mean like.. what's going to happen here?

The big rich woman. Not sure, maybe they'll con her. Maybe she'll kill Jack?

7: So hard to tell where they are going with the whole thing.

At the moment, maybe that Jack is somehow going to get away with every bit of money he can get

or maybe he legit can get people to the moon and will build there

I dunno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

or maybe he legit can get people to the moon and will build there

I dunno

Its the 1950s and they have hover cars lol so sure why could they not go to the moon?

Anyone else get run over by the crazy hover vans lol?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

8: Huh. I mean..

Spaceship looks legit. It was carrying down trash so someone must be up there.

Feels like maybe people are already on the moon and just Jack doesn't have any houses built.. maybe.

He's got the money now anyway

The longer the better, Shirley! 🙂

Johnny Barfield And Men Of S O U L - Mr Starlight - SSS INTERNATIONAL: 724

9: So like.. apart from the lies... THE ENDLESS LIES... so like.. this is feeling a bit of a exploration of the father/son relationship.

It's weird they still don't outright confirm what's on the moon .. or not. I've got a feeling something is up there. Like they are holding back.

Not Brightside, but something.

Anyway..

😱Eddies hand! That's some toaster!

So. That was Hello Tomorrow! A SciFi with a side dish of: Heavy on the Lies!

Not sure this will get a second season and it left a lot unanswered.

The scifi/world was portrayed really well and looked to have been given good budget.

Some funny moments, similar to Avenue 5. The cast put in good effort.

Just the story was a odd one to go with for a SciFi I think.

10: 🤔😲 Well..

Are.. are they all gonna die? I think that's what they were getting at.. they're all gonna die.

Or.. just land at a mining station on the moon maybe.. I dunno.

Moon River - Andy Williams

Future: I .. eh.. I can see they want more seasons, I just can't see them getting them unless Apple have money to spare.

I think I'd find it rough to think about watching another season of Lies (TM)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Watched the first six episodes and I'm glad I did despite the mixed reaction. It's a great retro-future drama and Billy Crudup is absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Just finished the rest, loved it! I really don't get the negative reviews.

Advertisement