Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon on Adverts

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It's 10 speed di2

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭MeheeHohee

Cheers hadn't spotted it was only 10 speed

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

I think it might be a 2013 model?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

What’s the shimano ‘box’ on chainstay near bb? Is it part of the di2 system?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Its quite old, looks like a gen 1 Aeroad. Those Mavics are a pretty old model too, used to have a pair myself a good few years ago and changing a spoke on them was an ordeal. Still a great bike though and looks pretty clean. I wouldn't know myself if the price is good or bad value for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭MeheeHohee

Cheers for the replies, didn't realise the model is as old as it is, thought it was more recent, so not an upgrade on my current bike between that and the 10speed ultegra. Looks in good nick from the photos for a bike ~10 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

It's the first gen di2 battery. External battery and junction box usually. Fine when it worked but would be a pain to get parts for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Who cares if it's 10 speed? As if that suddenly renders it useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

+1, my better bike is 9 speed (15+ years old) and the other is 11 speed. Equivalent parts for the 9 speed so much cheaper and the thicker chains make them stronger, longer lasting and easier to index. Don't personally see the advantage of ever increasing cassettes with newer bikes now having 12 speed. Granted you might have an extra ratio but it's somewhere in the middle of the block where not always noticed, not like you suddenly have a massive gear to spin up those serious hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

In general, I’d agree. And I’d favour older tech in a lot of cases when it comes to frames and components...but not when it comes to di2. I wouldn’t touch the 10-speed variants at this point due to the ageing software and availability of spares

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It more or less does if something goes kaput though unfortunately.

10 speed di2 parts are near impossible to get, and it’s all 10+ year old.

Its not like a mechanical group set where you could repair it or even swap it with other compatible bits

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It doesn't, it just means that it's not underpriced in anyway.

And it's 10 speed di2 which is not exactly supported much

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭DJB030244

It’s a very tidy bike to be fair and still looks great too considering age . Adverts is all about a haggle. That’s a bike you could still win a race on if needed . If you like it and it’s your size go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Pity it’s not SRAM Red mechanical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Looks can be decieving, at that age you'd need to be sure bearings have been maintained as they might be worn and new headset, bottom bracket and/or hubs could be expensive.

And as others have said there is very limited availability of 10 speed di2 so if any parts fail then replacementa.could be costly.

Bike would've been about 3k 10 years ago so would expect it to be less then 1k now

Advertisement