Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ginetta for sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

The only one sold here new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,456 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Only 80 were made! From WP:

In 1970, the G15 was joined by the larger G21, which was initially available with either a 4-cylinder 1.75 litre sourced from the Rootes Group (Sunbeam) or a 3.0 litre Ford Essex V6 engine. The car largely used Rootes components.[15] The 1.7 litre Sunbeam Rapier engine subsequently became the standard four-cylinder engine for the car. 80 cars in total were produced before production ceased in 1974 due to the oil crisis. The car was later morphed into an open top G23 and G24 coupé version but none of those variants went to production.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bsaarmybike

Just wondering though what parts availability would be like. I phoned him and he said the chassis needed welding/sections replaced or get new chassis. The sunroof he said needs replacing. Sounds like hardship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭w124man

Is this still for sale? I wouldn't mind having a look at that

It sold yesterday, just as I'd decided to have a look. Typical.

• Advertisement

I ended up buying it, apparently it is extremely rare and the only one sold here new. The big surprise when I went to see it was the vendor had a brand new spare galvinized chassis built by ginetta. The amount of spares that came with it included spare car, spare brand new old stock body. The car starts, and once I freed the clutch drives. I joined the club got a pair of genuine seats plus other bits. It does need work and money, but its quite unique.

Advertisement