Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung black screen of death

Options
  • 19-01-2023 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have recently returned from a trip abroad. When I was away I noticed a small bit of pink/purple creeping into my screen. I googled it and it said moisture was getting in but I could not see any damage. Anyway this continued for 2 weeks until I flew home on Monday and as I came home black started to creep across the screen until I could no longer use the phone. The phone is on it is getting messages but I cannot access any of the data on the phone and unfortunately I didn't have it backing up for the last month.

Could anyone advise if they think a simple screen replacement would resolve the matter or would I need to go to someone and have them try to get the data off the phone?

Its a Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) and I live in Galway so ideally someone who is based here to get it fixed.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement