Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obergurgl

Options
  • 19-01-2023 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All,

Heading to Obergurgl at end Feb. I have never been , usually head to Soll, wondering has anyone any experience and advice?

Thanks Highpath

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Did a day there out of Solden. Nice place. Lots of well heeled visitors. Quite patrician British crowd. Its high and very snow sure so you should have a good time. All I remember is a very pleasant bottle of wine on a terrace, a motorcycle museum on the way up (which since burnt down but I think is back open) and thinking there were very large areas of off piste potential.

Solden is on the same lift pass and has superb apres ski if that's your thing. Also an amazing wellness complex further down the valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 highpath

Many Thanks a148pro,

I am going with a group and hadn't booked it myself so any info helps. I will do many expeditions to find that terrace!!

Solden might be worth a visit for a day for skiing if its on the pass, and maybe a night out (from reviews I see Obergurgl is fairly quiet).

Many Thanks

Highpath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

From recollection there were quite a few terraces! Yes I doubt there's, any nightlife there or certainly not much. Its quite posh and settled, wealthy older crowd and well to do families. Solden would be worth a night out to for a few hours apres ski. There are about three bars / tents at the bottom which get quite rammed, full on germanic sing along stuff.

Advertisement