Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality Street

Options
  • 19-01-2023 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Ok. Modern world problems.

We had 5 QS boxes (3 plastic tubs and 2 tins) dropped in to our house over xmas. We're still getting through them, on the last box this week.

Half of each box were Orange & Strawberry cream, which ended up in the bin, as everyone in the house hates them.

Before I write to Nestle, anyone have any idea why they fill each box (cardboard box, plastic tub and metal tin) with orange and strawberry, and only a stingy 2 coconut or 3 carmel nuts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Are you a half wit?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I love the orange and strawberry creams! I can't believe you threw them in the bin 🙈 I hate coconut though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

They do it just to piss you off, Juran.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Throwing chocolate away? I will happily give it a very good home....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭dmc17

I assume it's a cost thing. Nuts and coconut cost more so they fill the tin with more of the cheap ones and a few good ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

Actually I was wondering if quality street has gone downhill this year. Normally whole stuff like roses had gone to pure overly sugary hell, quality street were still half decent. This Christmas I could barely eat the things. They seem n to be suffering from the same overly sweet taste you get now from Cadbury stuff.

is it just me or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I am enjoying Roses and also have a big box of Celebrations not yet opened. Love the Roses though. With the new wrappings that help you know what they are... Tastes are always an individual thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 seylen

Orange strawberry cream is fantastic...

Advertisement