Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre gigabox with TP link AC1200 Deco Extender

Options
  • 19-01-2023 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

I have Eir gigabit broadband which contains a box on the wall, which connects to an echolife router, there is a ethernet connection from the echolife box to the Wan on the blue gigabit box (Think it is a F3000 but it doesn't specify on the box itself)

I am trying to connect it to the TP Link AC1200 Deco 4 shown here: https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/connected-home-en/all-connected-home/tp-link-ac1200-whole-home-mesh-wi-fi-system.html

I choose that one since Eir list this product on their site so I figured it would be compatible but I bought it in Harvey Normans as it was on sale there for 80 bucks.

I am not sure how to connect it since there is the white echolife router and then blue F3000. I tried connecting it to one of the ethernet connections on the blue F3000 but after a few seconds it goes to a solid white light, not orange but white. The docs indicate that means you setup and connected but I didn't even do anything, that happens automatically.

I downloaded the TP-Link Deco app but it never finds any Deco network and the Deco Router never flashes blue, only goes solid white. I made sure to turn off the power on the white echolife router, the blue F3000 and the deco, then connected the cables so I believe I am doing it correctly.

I am struggling to find instructions but someone mentioned I need to turn off the wifi on the F3000. I went into 192.168.1.254 and turned off the 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi, I stayed connected since I am wired on the PC but that didn't make a difference so I suspect there are other instructions I am missing. Anyone got any ideas if I am connecting it right and if so what other settings do I need to do?

Thanks a mill and I attached images of my routers. I also double checked the deco I am trying to connect is the router not the satellite as they are labelled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Apparently there is a reset button on the bottom of the Deco, pressing that did the trick so I guess its just plug and play.

Once I setup the deco I was able to disconnect from the 2.4ghz and 5ghz old connections but there is zero difference in speed unfortunately. Its weird, sometimes I get less than 10mbps and then minutes later I get 100mbps but rarely above that. If i bring the laptop out to the hall beside the main router, I get 500-600mbps and if i then bring it into the sitting room which is maybe 15 feet from the box, its on 100mbps or below both before and after enabling the deco.

Post edited by dvdfan on

Advertisement