Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I develop?

• 19-01-2023 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Let’s imagine the situation. A 22-year-old boy gets to Ireland. Knowledge of English somewhere at the level of A1+. From education only Leaving certificate. Accommodation between the fields in Maam Cross. The nearest town of Galway can be reached within 1 hour by bus. Intreo offers the opportunity to use Fetch courses. Galway offers English courses and a 5-week carpenter course. But the problem again in the bus, there are days with bad weather and the bus does not run or people are too many and not all can fit.

I am in no way complaining about this situation, in any case, I am very grateful to your state for the housing and material assistance provided to me. I’m just trying to find a way to develop, not stay put.

my.indeed. com/p/artemm-1h2nmz1

I also try to find a job on "ie.indeed" on the request of "General Operative", "Production Facility"... but out of 16 applications everyone ignores me or simply rejects me. Perhaps I should write them in private messages? On the other hand, I wrote to employment agencies like "Manpower" and there is also no rush to answer.

Perhaps for a start I should buy courses Safepass, Manual Handling and look for jobs in construction?

I don’t know why, but in Poland and Slovakia the process of finding a job was much faster, also under the condition of not knowing the language. Perhaps the mechanisms in Irish factories are much more complicated/technological? Also please answer this question in your opinion.

ibb. co/c6XPNV8

Tagged:

Advertisement