Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New windows old window boards

Options
  • 20-01-2023 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi Guys,

I am getting new windows fitted this year, all the window boards are solid teak and i would like to keep them and refit after new windows are fitted, rather than paying 50 euro a board for pvc.

I have never seen anyone replacing windows before so im not sure whether they need to damage the window boards to remove them etc, they have been unstalled since 1990 so i expect they are masonry nailed in.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Got windows replaced last year, not even a scratch on any board

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Got windows replaced 3 yrs ago, fitters replaced window boards as well (included in price) had a choice of MDF, white deal,pvc, and teak.Went with mostly teak but PVC in 2 en suites.Company are also suppliers of traditional joinery products so the window boards were not a big deal to them.

Advertisement