Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice period

Options
  • 20-01-2023 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭

Hello I've recently moved into a new place but it's not working out. It's a fixed term lease so I have to give 28days notice. Is this 28 days from when I decide to leave or 28 days after my next rent payment is due. Any help would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

It would be 28 days from the point that your landlord receives your written notice of termination.

I do however suggest though that you try to work that to be a rent payment day... makes things easier to conclude.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Are you sure it is 28 days?

28 is statutory minimum requirement for a tenant where tenancy is less than six months. But you have a fixed term lease and may be responsible for the rent during the term of that lease unless you assign it.

The LL may have a clause allowing you to give 28 days notice during the fixed term, but you need to read the lease carefully.

Advertisement