Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon Race Series 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pmjsk

Hey, does anyone have a spare entry for half m-thon on 23rd to sell? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Good luck tomorrow everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Looks like it’ll be a windy one but it should be dry at least

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Lots of times, including my own, which were up earlier, are now marked "holding for review". Assume it's a random sampling as seems to be every 20ish runners. Anyone know how long it takes. I know it's irrelevant as I know my time etc but just wondering as never seen it before.

Text came in by the time I got to the car.

nice event overall, fair play to all volunteers and organisers. Miles 3-5 were tough, but as others said it’s a fair track. Not overly punishing. Great atmosphere overall.

parking was easy on the north road, despite Marshall’s saying there is zero parking. Guess they are told to say that.

well done to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

First race for me in a good few years, haven't done the Frank Duffy since it was sent up the North road via Lord's walk. Thought this course is definitely a bit faster but I was going alot slower too. Well organized as usual, parked in Heuston at about 8.15 or so, was filling up but still a good few spaces.

Post edited by overpronator on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

We parked in Hole in the Wall at 7.55. Was full by 8.10.

Great race, weather was ok apart from wind in certain areas.

I think the numbers were 2800ish for this. Surprised at that, thought there'd be way more.

I never got a text at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

There were 3,500 entrants, but 2,800 ran on the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Looking for a HM number if anyone has a spare - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

So where is the best place to park for the Half. Im not going to chance the park itself, just in case. I am coming from the north side of the park, would rather not have to get a luas or a bus but a 1 or 2 mile walk be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

From being at the 10 mile a few weeks ago I can confirm a lot of people park around the North Road in the park itself, cars up on the grass all around.

The Halfway House and the Hole in the Wall both have car parks, you'd want to be there before 8 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Please mind the grass and don't park on it. Loads of car parking on North Road, the usual carparks, and adjacent streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dublinlad1989

Q park at heuston station is where i parked for the 10 Mile. They have a shuttle bus running from Parkgate Street before the race and one back after the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

I know it says no parking in the park but how is this controlled? Are they stopping cars entering at any gates?

I haven't done a Race Series event since before Covid but was always able to park in the cricket grounds no problem - is that blocked off now that everyone seems to recommend the North Rd?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

No it's not enforced, it was less accessible last year as they hadn't opened the visitors center car parks for example but the last day for the 10m the visitors center was even open. Standard road closures are in place as always around race time but if you are in the Park in good time there is lots of parking available.

Looks like the Karen in the OPW office has been quietened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Anyone who can't find somewhere to legally park their car within a short warmup jog of the start area probably shouldn't be allowed into Dublin in the first place. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

We parked in the zoo car park for the 10m, and I intend to do the same for the half.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

There is parking in the park. Just park in legal spots or depending on your time some places wouldn’t be wise if your faster and wanting to make a quick exit so the popes cross car park might not be sensible

Hi all I am looking for a half marathon ticket. Pm me if you know of 1 going

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dom910

Hi All,

I have been looking for male half marathon entry for ages seems the most popular race on the calendar! What's people opinion about running it without a number, will anyone care!

• Advertisement

Yeah I am fairly sure that you will be removed from the course if the stewards see you with no number.

And at the risk of being a bit preachy, just dont do it. You wont be insured and people just deciding to do a run anyway is annoying. Maybe you'll get in the way of a legitimate runner who is going for a time etc.

Why do you want to do it? Its not like you'll get a medal or a tshirt, just run a half in the park another day

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Anyone doing the Irish runner Dublin half marathon this weekend.. have you or do you know of, a gpx course for the race that i could get to import into my garmin app??

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭TheRef

This is the GPX I extracted from my strava run of it last year: LINK.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

How'd everyone get on?

First time doing it since 2019, like the new route. However, the tight paths are an absolute disaster. And as usual, not enough portaloos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Find the paths hard to pace, too many people shoulder to shoulder at differing paces, fair slogs as they were long enough sections.

Positioning of 1:50 pacers right at back of wave two was strange as most people planning for 9's would have started there. Lead to fairly big bottlenecks for first 5/6 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Tight in places alright but a beautiful morning and great atmosphere. Really enjoyed it. A great morning of running

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I'm more worried about the parts where there's a root of a tree or something and the path is uneven, when you're a bit more tightly packed it's hard to see the obstacles coming

Yeah I think they need to work out a way to go up Chesterfield tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

Advertisement