Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puscifer Dublin Olympia - 10th of June

Options
  • 20-01-2023 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,953 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

I absolutely cannot wait for this gig. Tickets went on sale almost an hour and a half ago and ground floor standing is still available.

Really really surprised it didnt sell out instantly, Maynard James Keenan for 45 euro, - especially given how packed Tool was back in May.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Its not Tool though, Puscifer a very different band and experience

• Registered Users Posts: 34,953 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Where did I say it was Tool? I said with the amount of people at Tool, you'd imagine this would have garnered a lot more interest. I would assume with the rabid fan base Tool have, people would be interested in Maynard's side projects. It tends to be home fandom works.

I see it's actually close to selling out now anyway, only upper circle left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Tool's diehard fanbase separate the two typically. APC have more in common with Tool than Puscifer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

The casual Tool fan aren't all that familiar with Puscifer hence why such a small venue hasn't sold out yet. APC on the other hand is an insta sell-out , maybe in Three arena as well.

Its still the Existential Reckoning tour so the setlist features a lot from that album , which wasn't great imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Been a huge Tool fan for years - and the concert last May was simply unreal. But as much as I've tried I could never get into any of The Puscifer stuff. And I have tried, but, I honestly find it really boring and a bit of a slog.

But, to each their own. I hope everyone that bought a ticket has a great old time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

APC would do okay in the 3arena not close to a sell out surely, not sure certain they sell out something like Wembley arena when they tour the UK. First album was class never took to them after that tbh caught them at a festival a few years back and bar about 3 songs it was all stuff from 'Eat the Elephant' was fine not something I'd pay to see at own show now granted perhaps it's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just listed a standing ticket there on ticketmaster for 40 quid, it's also listed on toutless if anyone decides they want to/can now go

Edit: gone now, if anyone from here bought it, thank you

Post edited by Mushy on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Fantastic show. Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I'm a Tool and an APC Fan, and I've seen both live, but Puscifer is a band that have always left me a bit cold whenever I've tried to listen to them. That said, I wasn't going to pass up the chance to see Maynard up close and on a rare Saturday night to; I'm not sure what the story with their scheduling is, but Tool/APC never seem to play convenient dates, not just in Ireland but all around Europe, it's always a **** Tuesday in Brussels or a Wednesday in Lisbon, they never seem to have any gigs on a Friday or Saturday.

Anyway, as someone who went in with low expectations, and someone who's been to a lot of gigs, that gig was amazing! Probably top 10, potentially top 5 of all time! The stagecraft, the theme and the music were all amazing! I thought Maynard suffered from stage fright, but none of that was apparent tonight. Still just trying to process it all...but in a good way. The crowd were great too; there was the warning about the phones, and the whole gig I didn't see anyway even contemplate taking out their phone to take a photo.

Tool played on a Friday here in 2022. Agree with every other word you've said. I can't believe how much better the songs sounded live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

Yea brilliant show indeed, seemed much more then just a " great gig". A full on experience

I don't think I'll attend a better show this year

Maynard loves us

https://twitter.com/mjkeenan/status/1667680531235090434?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 34,953 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Definitely one of those 'seeing a band in their heyday' moments, absolutely incredible.

I was a bit worried about the sound during the opening act but once Puscifer came on it just sounded perfect.

Loved to see them keeping the no phones rule in place.

Advertisement