Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE pay for a temporary promotions being reverted to another temporary promotion

Options
  • 20-01-2023 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All

A friend of mine has a very interesting scenario. Last year she was given a temporary promotion to cover someone long-term absent. She only started the cover when a mount later a mat leave at a higher level came up which she got. She will now be reverting after the Mat leave to the temporary promotion again as the person is still out sick, she has been led to expect. Her query is all around what pay she will receive. Each promotion was to a higher grade, i.e. from grade 3, grade 4 to grade 5. When she goes back should she go back to the same point on the grade 4 scale plus one to allow for her year of service, even though she never did it or should they take her grade 5 into account when looking at her grade 4 salary and match that. She will be down money which seems a little unfair. She also believes within the next year another grade 5 post will come up because the area seems to be very chaotic with lots of turnover. However, she will then be back on the first point of the scale again. Her manager doesn’t know and has queried what her pay will be but hasn’t gotten an answer from HR. Is there any HSE document that outlines it. I was looking at HSE T&Cs but we couldn’t find an answer. 

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement