Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic conversion

• 20-01-2023 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi there, I was thinking of converting my attic. It's a 1970s bungalow. We renovated and extended 10 years ago. The attic part is the old house. We have spray foam insulation..... I don't know if this makes a difference. We would need a stairs, 4 velux windows, whatever needs to be done to the roof and plastering done. I'm going to get some quotes but I'm just wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea of what it would cost please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

We have a 1980s bungalow and we were planning on removing the roof, raising it about 2ft and adding two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs so about 35sqm upstairs and losing a boxroom bedroom 7ft x7ft to make way for the stairs. Our architect priced it at about €80,000 but quotes were coming in closer to €100,000 highest was €154.000. This was all before Covid started. I'd say you could double these prices now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Cashmerewrap

Thanks for your reply, I don't think we'd have to raise the roof as we have plenty of clearance. I have an architect coming to look at it so hopefully I'm right because I'm not planning on spending anywhere near €80,000!

Advertisement