Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Not to Install New Boiler

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Watched a couple of minutes

He's a complete idiot. 20 years experience and a fancy MFT wondering why he got a shock

1) He didn't carry out safe isolation properly

2 )A simple check with a voltstick after safe isolation would have prevented this

Embarrassing that a spark is posting up YouTube vids wondering why he's getting a shock. Not watching the rest of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭blackbox

I wonder how much that cost the customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

I think you should watch the whole video and see his systematic approach to trouble shooting and the resolution. People do make mistakes as he readily admits…which could have cost him his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

A pittance compared with the real possibility of loss of life. I think there are salutary lessons here for what can happen when sorting someone else’s shortcuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭10-10-20

He can be a bit OTT much of the time, he does go for the mild shock-jock approach, but is what drives YouTube these days.

In fairness this one is a good lesson in the error of assumption; an interesting fault, that's for sure.

• Advertisement

Not really

Spark with 20yrs experience getting a shock working on a 13amp socket

Tells me all I need to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

as for YT channel - nice act, good information to "watch out" for DIY folks like me 😊. Never to much info. Thanks for sharing to OP

He might be alright I dunno

Just seems a bit juvenile posting after getting a shock

Post edited by kirk. on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

A complete idiot?

Have you done everything 100% by the book 100% of the time on 100% of all the jobs you have ever done?

He slipped up, he admitted it. He is making people aware of the importance of these safety checks, highlighting that defective or faulty wiring can cause fail deadly situations even when things should be safe by isolating if everything had been installed correctly and there was no faults.

He is highlighting the importance of the issue by way of a practical case studyg, going on to investigate and explain how and why this particular shock happened in a practical way. Educates people why the checks should always be done in a more digestible way, rather than it being something you should always do just because the book says so.

Yet you just dismiss him out of hand, without even watching the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

Can we take it that you have never, every gotten a tickle? Are you whiter than white?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Found it interesting

I work in IT so fault finding is part of my daily routine.

Advertisement