Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should floor plans issued to solicitor be 'somewhat' accurate?

Options
  • 21-01-2023 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Anyone been in similar situation and how did you move forward?

I'm buying a new build that is already 80% completed when I joined the purchase process, and I got to view a similar house on the other end of the row since couldn't access mine due to active ESB & Irish Water works.

Contracts were issued before I got to view my particular type of house (because there is no showroom for the exact type) and I came to realise after viewing another exact type that the actual layout as part of contract is completely different to the floor plan in the actual build. I.e utility rooms in diffrient positions, walk in rooms (in each room) on plan are non existent upon viewing, C shaped kitchen finishes is L shaped etc

The sales agent said they believe the house we viewed is exactly same spec as mine pending completion, but will find out from the developers too just in case, because the floor plans to solicitor did has specific house numbers that plan was relevant to, and the similar one we viewed is not on it

Since these plans were part of a legal document, should I expect it to accurately reflect the layout (with exception of dimensions which me be tad shorter, positions of say wc, baths, etc) of the final build?

P.S This is something I do plan to speak to solicitor about, just just want to know others thoughts, esp those who have had similar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭3DataModem

The contract is the key here. Whatever you sign is what they are committed to. Any previous sales material (including floor plans) will have had caveats saying "these do not form part of any contract or agreement" and a good solicitor will make this clear.

Bottom line: if you are not getting what you want, don't sign the contract. If you have signed the contract, that's what you are getting.

Advertisement