Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A4 TDI problem

• 21-01-2023 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Uncles just got a 2014 Audi TDI and at times it seems to be losing power a little.

I notice that when it is sitting idling and you press the accelerator the revs never goes pass 2500 revs, dont think that is normal......... there are no lights coming on on dash

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭XLR 8

Sounds like it's gone into 'Limp Mode' you should get it checked. Could be a cheap fix but ya never know with Audi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

Just u find a lack of power sometimes when driving but fine most of the time, youd think it would throw on a dash warning light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Magown3

It's normal. Most new cars have a soft limiter which will not allow them to rev out when stationary. It's an emissions thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭koutoubia

If in neutral and revving it's probably a 'soft ' limiter kicking in.

My old A6 3ltr TDI wouldn't rev past 3k revs in neutral.

What's the mileage on it?

It could do with a good hard run since it's not throwing any lights.

I would get codes read and cleared.

Bring it for a good long hard drive and then see how it feels. If still feeling sluggish get the codes read again and see if any pop up.

Advertisement