Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot water in immersion just with Radiator Heating

Options
  • 21-01-2023 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I come from a tropical place and haven't had any experience with gas heating before. I recently moved to Ireland in a house with gas heating. We have a EPH R37-HW controller.

We don't have a fixed schedule (with remote & office), so we just use a boost whenever we need heating (like 4-5 hrs a day split between both the floors).

Just with the heating (Heating 1 & 2 and without using Hotwater switch ) we are always getting hot water.

Any ideas? I asked someone and they said it's not normal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi! You may not have a zone for the hot-tank- it's a bit silly, but not uncommon. If you look into the hot-press can you can see a small box (~8cm x 8cm) sitting on a copper-pipe and with a wire going into it; the copper pipe will lead to the middle of the cylinder. If you do, this might indicate that there is a zone valve.

There may or may not be an option to add a zone, it all depends on how the boiler is piped. It might be something that only a plumber could advise on on the basis of a visual inspection.

Advertisement