Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you become a member of the guards with epilepsy ?

Options
  • 22-01-2023 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I would love to pursue a career with the guards but I’m afraid that my epilepsy might stop me. It’s controlled with medication and I’m also allowed to be on the road.. I’m wondering if anyone would know the answer to this or would anyone have experience ? Just also a heads up it’s primary generalised epilepsy if any of you know what that is. ( I would lose awareness of what I was doing or sometimes have a little muscle spasm ) but after I got onto medication I’m feeling better than ever.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

ask your GP will he she do this

1. be certified by a Registered Medical Practitioner (nominated by the Commissioner after consultation with the Minister) to be in good health, of sound constitution and suited physically and mentally to performing the duties of a member of the service

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement