Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POTW 655: 17/12/22 - 23/12/22

• 22-01-2023 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES JOINTLY TO:

Adrian.Sadlier

&

dinneenp

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Morrisseeee

Beasty

CONGRATULATIONS Adrain and dinneenp

Any information on the winning images would be welcome.

WELL DONE HMs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I was on route to Costa Rica with work and due to a delay overnighted in Dallas. Flight wasn't till late afternoon the next day so got up early & strolled around Dallas downtown (some of my other photos https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058274328/photos-from-dallas#latest) . Didn't bring my camera with me so shot with my phone.

For this photo (Texas School Book Depository building, from where JFK was shot), I went as far back across the road as I could to get the entire building & some space on either side in. Took a few photos before there were no cars passing. Even though the building is the main thing that catches your eye, I used an editor in the phone to make most of the photo b&w. I think it kind of makes it look like an old photo, associating it with the era from when JFK was assassinated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Thanks for the "Thanks". And to Myksyk. Taken during the recent cold snap, when we had freezing fog. I Malahide Demesne (facing the cricket grounds). The nearest tree is small, the further one is a Redwood, I think.

Trying out my new Nikon Zfx and Nikon Z 28mm f/2.8 lens. f/5, 1/500", ISO 800.

Advertisement