Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"The Ark". New Sci-Fi show by SyFy out on Feb 1st

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Right. Right. .. Right so. I have to say.. this is turning into some solid Saturday Morning TV.

8: Ha! In the Airlock! 😁

or airlock changing room, whatever 😀.

It does look like maybe Brice and Eva could get a deep connection/bond storyline going and maybe there could be some heartbreak further down the line.

I think the biggest strength this show has is the way it's weaving it's mysteries. Nothing too much all at once and yet enough to keep me wondering what's going on.

Also helps that they have the aircon sound in the background that makes a nice spaceship scifi show feel.

So after this one, that explains the celeb/therapist wan wanting to keep Trust a secret, I wonder what Project Juno is, I wonder what some of explanation they have for the weird time effects in the warp bubble, the girl from Ark 3 still on the suspicious list.. though I'm wondering now if Ark 3 might have been stolen and that's what Ark 15 was doing chasing them.. though that would still leave the Ark 1 attack unexplained.. unless it was Ark 3.. I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Good points. Yes maybe crinimals stole Ark 3 and Ark 15 was sent to stop it. We did not hear or see anything about weapons on Ark 3 do only the guns that were in the locker.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Episode 9 was pretty good. They have been good at creating opposing factions within the ship though the cgi still looks really bad. Hard to know where the storyline is going.

Ms

Agreed and I knew there was something fishy about your one from Ark 3. Now we know. This is what Star Trek Voyager should have been in some ways. Great ending.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

9: Wasn't the strongest episode. I think the big reveal I got was Yelena's name. I'd only just started guessing that..

yer wan was working for Ark 15

The Trust coup plot felt a bit weak so I'm guessing the big deal was just to have it as filler to get past his expertise and divide loyaltie more or something

Ms

A lot happens in this episode. The CGI is still terrible do it's like something out of a 2d game lol.

So will Garnet succeed? Next week's episode should be interesting. Will Ark 1 get away or be destroyed? I am guessing the former.

Can't believe they actually let Helen die. I thought the councillors acting was terrible do. Quiet a week episode for acti g do except for the part where the crew find out that Eva and Brice have getting it on together.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm thinking that the acting would have been an awful lot better had the series not been filmed in Serbia, with a lot of the cast being from the area. Another problem in my opinion, is that listening to the UK actors pretending to be Americans also throws it. The only actress that I can remember seeing in anything else, is the counsellor, who played Pennyworth's daughter in the cancelled Bat Woman series. She at least stuck to her English accent in that.

The one who plays Kelly is the strangest specimen, and she'd frighten children by just looking at them.🤣

10: Oh no, my head! I assume there's a few steps

ahead that Garnett has planned

Ha! Brice and all the ladies! 😁

Guessing Kelly will end up returning with Anghus.

if they know that we know that they know that... lol, reminded me of..

The Princess Bride (5/12) Movie CLIP - The Battle of Wits (1987) HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Great news it's improving every episode

Ms

That is great news and well deserved too. Another great episode.

I particularly loved Eva making the gun backfire

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This is a weird show. I'm watching it because the plot is interesting enough, but the acting is absolutely abysmal. There are only one or two that might be able to be in a better acted show. I'm glad it's been renewed because I want to find out what happens, but I'm surprised as well.

11: I may have made a whole bunch of lines like "Oh man, you're so Vuked now!" during that episode! 😀

Seems to be the foundation of a whole bunch of enemy making in this episode. That could easily setup a few seasons of story!

So with Lane and Kelly on Ark 15, I'm guessing that ship and it's story is going to be around the show for a while.

I think the Klampins cure will work and they'll get to use it in exchange with Ark 15 for something later, maybe Lane.

I thought Strickland jumped into the captain role just fine.

Now, what happens next is gonna be a hard one, stay at Prox B or goto the other place.. something 128? I guess though that some way to get back Lane will have to be tried first.

I did have a laugh moment early on in the episode. One of the extras who was Big-Guard-Dude (TM) must not have had much english so I think they did some maybe American to do a voiceline for him. Something like "Hey Gary, was that you?" 😁

Oh and also the kiss scene... 😁 They must have done a bunch of reshoots because they had a ton of camera angles 😂

Just noticed the wiki has viewership numbers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ark_(TV_series)#Episodes

Looks like it dipped early but has been coming back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Mav11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dramatic ending to the season. Some nice twists and turns.

Looking forward to season 2 now.

• Advertisement

Airing Thursday, 25th May 2023 on Sky Sci Fi UK

Yeah good season overall- started off bad, ended up average. Perhaps they thought it was going to be cancelled given the ending.

Improved ep by ep and enjoyed the ending as well looking forward to series 2.

When the shovel was used it reminded me of the scene in Airport when the passengers were queuing up to slap a woman, and I expected to see a few more people queuing up to use the shovel in quick succession. 😜

Ms

What an episode. I loved that it was Brice afraid of the Spiders and that Maddox had no problem with them once told that was the only way to be cured of Klampkins. I am glad I watched this after The Mandalorian as this was so much better. It has everything humour, fear, a caniving angry old man, hope, a crew and crews working together and people growing and caring for each other too.

What a cliffhanger. I guess it's on to planet two now. Can't wait for next season. Hopefully they will get a bigger budget for that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

About bloody time too. I will happily watch it all again.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Struggling through Episode 1 now. My god, what a collection of absolute arseholes and the acting is atrocious.

Why can't writers not write decent characters any more?

It looks like an interesting premise, kinda like 'Space 1999', but it's really going to have to improve for me to stick with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

from reading the comments it apparently gets good from Episode 4.

The trailer didn't really sell me on it.. seems a bit like a reality show cast of people I'd want to see die anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I think I'm done. Got halfway through Episode 2.

It's trash.

12: I was watching this and was like... what even is going on! There was like 15 stories worth of episodes in this. Every turn had something new.

Then I come here and see it's the season finale. Yeah fair. Would watch a season 2.

They definitely finished stronger than they started.

Now on Tuesday, 13th June 2023 at 9pm with a double bill with two episodes weekly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

That is tonight, gentle reminder if anyone forgot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

Unfortunately only the first episode gets a summary, but a link to transcripts on the rest.

If anyone missed it on Tuesday, It is repeated tonight from 22:50.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Whole season is on NowTV for those who have it.

I see that season 2 of this wondrous effort has kicked off. I haven't watched the first episode yet but hope it's as "entertaining" 🤣 as the first series. 😛

• Advertisement

Anybody still watching this it really fills the summer season Killjoys/Dark Matter hole.

Its still awful at times but it's got a few decent story lines going

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It has some decent storylines alright but the acting and writing are pretty awful. I'm still watching it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

yeah it’s all good looking but not very good actors , but myself and the wife love it , a real guilty pleasure

Ms

I sm up to episode 4. Looking it up there on WIKI it looks like there is 10 episodes fir season two.

I wonder did that actor who played Cat decide she wanted out or did the writers just decide to kill other of.

It looks the 15ers are up to something. At first I was thinking hardly but now she had that conversation with the other one in the bed about getting lieutenant. I wonder what that's about.

Good so far. It's just what I needed.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I can't stop watching this show. I think I love it.

The acting is pretty bad from half of the cast (half are decent). The classic sci-fi tropes are all there - clones, dimensions, earth extinction, evil corporations, evil factions, colonization - it's only a matter of time before a time loop episode.

There is something pretty addictive about it though…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

The actress who left got cast on a bigger show in FBI international

So i suspect it was her choice

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Well while I did not think episode 8 was a great episode Episode 9 was certainly a lot better. A lot or revelations in it and lots to add to the story about the state of Earth and some of the characters too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Another excellent episode. It was nice to see everything getting resolved.

Nice to see an alternative life that Garnet and Spencer could have had to in the coma with Ian. As seen at the end of the episode she did have feelings for him.

Hopefully The Ark gets a season 3 and more.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

it is very much an unusual Scifi series, so unpolished but enjoyable all the same. Liked the mention of a Serbian Croat space agency and the reveal regarding the Eastern Federation. If it had better production design, writing , and acting it wouldnt be half bad!

Advertisement