Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance

• 23-01-2023 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi All, I just received a Home Insurance renewal quote from Aviva. Uplift of 35% on last year with no changes made to policy. That's over €150 more. Who is offering good rates atm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Insurers earn money from investments especially international bonds. These have not performed that well, so insurance in general has increased everywhere.

You also need to check the rebuild value of the house. If it is 400k and you are insured for 300k, then if you do have a claim, even for 10k, it is reduced by the underinsured %

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭daheff

i had a number of insurances with aviva over the past few years. they've bumped up prices to the point where its cheaper else where. shop around and vote with your feet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,480 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I usually get good online quotes from Axa and FBD. Most years, I swap from one to the other.

Advertisement