Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

planning application neighbour gardenroom with corridor ...i want to object

Options
  • 23-01-2023 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

im at no 11. my neighbors at no 15 has a long garden. his brother lives in no 13 . no 15 is applying for planning permission for a 30m2 single storey apartment at the end of his garden with bedroom , bathroom etc. they are also applying for planning permission for a single story " corridor" 12mx1.6m that runs along the far wall from house to the apartment at the end of the garden. . imo this "corridor" is really a sun room. it faces south is fully glazed high spec on the far wall and has views of all back windows on my house and his brothers house. i don't mind the apartment/garden room. this "corridor" seems crazy to me. and i intend to object. am i over - reacting ?. they did not consult with me...so...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hard to fully understand what exactly is proposed from your post, but, if you are not happy with the proposal, make an observation on the planning application to your local authority outlining your reasons. It will only cost you €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭eusap

Talk to the neighbour, most councils will not give permission for a garden apartment unless it is connected to the main house e.g. Granny flat. Which is why the corridor is there but may never actually get built

Advertisement