Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to do next 😫

Options
  • 23-01-2023 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

We have been looking for a family home for ages. One came up in the estate we like before Christmas and is in walk in condition but needs money spent to suit a family, more bedrooms needed, attic conversion Etc. It is being advertised as 4 bed when it’s in fact 3. (Two rooms configured to one when vendor bought from builder). Nobody bid before Christmas so we put on a lower offer 50k below asking. Asking was high given the false advertising and need for further work. None of our offers were entertained. After Christmas we upped to 25k below asking. All we got each time was an email from the EA saying the offer is too low, can you go higher. Suddenly another bidder enters the ring and all week there has been a war between the two of us. Others interested in viewing this week decided not to when they heard where the price was at. We eventually shook off the other bidder at 6k above asking. We waited all weekend for a decision from the vendor to hear they won’t accept. They now feel given the scarcity in the area that they can get more money. The EA couldn’t give any info as to how much they were expecting but it all sounds very strange to me. She indicated before Christmas that they may take less than asking now we are 6k above. Friends in the estate feel it’s priced too high as it is. What to do next. 😫. We do actually really like the house. Nothing we like more has come up in the last few months. I’ve checked with lots of EA and nothing coming either. I strongly feel the house is not worth more. Any advice what to do!!!

Post edited by psych77 on
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement