Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Table in Attic

Options
  • 24-01-2023 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking into the possibility of putting a full size snooker table in the second floor attic area. The table will weigh approx 1200kgs. I need to ensure that the weight is safe etc.

The floor of the attic area is timber joists 9" by 2" and 14" apart. There are also steel RSJ Beams running the length of the attic to support the roof but these will not be directly underneath the area where the table will be positioned. The RSJ's are positioned approx 4.5 metres apart running parallel the length of the house. The main floor area of the attic is 4.5 metres by 11 metres with two alcove type floor spaces also measuring 2.5m by 3m. The total floor area is approx 63 metres squared.

Underneath the attic area some rooms have supporting block walls and others have studded walls. The first floor is concrete ceiling. I am aware the weight of the snooker table will be distributed among the 8 legs working out at approx 150kgs per leg while I could also add steel plates under each leg to further distribute the weight.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Post edited by suirway on

Advertisement