Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Handing notice during annual leave?

• 25-01-2023 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Not a problem per se, was talking to a friend who had this situation happen years ago , she feels it was unfair, and I suppose curiosity now has the better of me.

She was going on annual leave, coming up to it she was pressured to pull double shifts and finish all her work before going. That was sort of the last straw as that was the worst of a string of bad weeks and once she sat down on the AL she just decided to quit. And she handed in the notice via email shortly into the annual leave. The relationship with the boss here was already cold so this wasn't out of place. But the boss said they won't take the notice. That she has to come back and stay the full notice from date she comes back (2 weeks annual leave, then the 4 weeks of notice working in office) She caved at the time worked the extra 2 weeks.

Was that legit? I honestly can see it either way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭HBC08

It always astounds me the perceived power people's bosses have over them.

She could have told him no.

What was he going to do,call the police?

She presumably only received a standard reference as the relationship wasn't good and she would have got that even if she told him to p1ss off.

Life is way too short for this kind of nonsense.

Advertisement