Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online order not being delivered

Options
  • 25-01-2023 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Don't really know where to go with this. Ordered a large appliance for my mother online on 6th January. Company is well know and I would have assumed reputable, but online reviews I've since seen are terrible. So far we've been given 3 different delivery dates, and it hasn't come. Never given a reason why. They're not replying to emails or Facebook messenger. When I ring customer service they eventually guarantee delivery on a certain date, but it's just not happening. Due to be delivered again tomorrow but got no text this evening with a time, like I was supposed to, and the tracking is saying the order is awaiting a delivery date to be assigned, so I just know it's not coming. Mother has her mind set on this specific model and I can't find it elsewhere. I just don't know what to do. I've never had such awful service before. They were quick enough to take her money, and we're taling over €500 here, which is an awful lot of money to her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

what remedy would you like to happen here?

you cant force them to deliver if there some supply chain issue. you probably would be entitled to a refund. but you don't want a refund?

you can pester them till they eventually deliver then write a letter of complaint. might get an apology and maybe even a voucher. just vote with your feet next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Ideally I'd like a refund and order another one elsewhere. The mother isn't keen unfortunately. I certainly won't be buying from them again.

Rang customer service today and got a new date for next Tuesday. I really wouldn't mind as much if there was some communication about what's going on, but they just don't turn up. Couldn't tell me on the phone today if there was any actual problem. The online tracking is actually giving Tuesday as the date now, and it hasn't given a date since the first one, so I'm hoping it might come. I've the mother told we're going after a refund if it doesn't.

I'm just shocked that a large, well known company, would behave like this. I've had people not deliver before for one reason or another and they'd always reschedule. If I don't keep chasing after these guys they don't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

ive tried a few places over the last couple of years. i notice your not mentioning names & thats probably wise. But euronics have a store near me and they are fantastic at delivering when they say they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

I don't know how you can be "shocked"

Even Amazon can take 2 weeks for delivery

My guess is their stock number was incorrect and it has to be transferred from the UK

Customer service is a call centre following on-screen instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

your rights https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer/shopping/shipping_and_delivery.html

Had a problem like that with a well known crowd where an item was supposed to arrive on said date in store but never arrived. It was coming from another store but for some reason they kept putting it off. Had fun getting money returned as they said it takes 7 days for a refund.... Ended up going elsewhere and got a better deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement