Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exceptional Needs Payment

• 25-01-2023 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd share this for anyone thinking of applying . To their credit the DSP are processing applications for this payment quite quickly now. Initially there was delays.

The best way is to pick up the form from an Intero centre, some will supply a prepaid envelope with the address dealing with these applications.

If your looking for assistance with replacing a home appliance, insure you submit a written Quote , they do ask for a report stating appliance is beyond repair but it's not necessary. If there are medical reasons, ask your GP if they could give you a letter. Take the time to explain your situation on the application, they will consider travel expenses for medical appointments also. They will request bank statement & recent payslip (if working) it is not just for those on a SW payment.

I applied and had a decision within 3 days and funds transferred the next day. Obviously the payment is for exceptional circumstances only. Whilst a manual application, once recieved & logged ,you can track progress on mywelfare.

I just thought I'd share my experience, often the Department criticised but Kudos in relation to my experience. Obviously every case dealt with on merit .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,100 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It depends on whether you see the cwo in person or just hand in a form. The backlog is horrendous.

It's not a blank cheque. It's based on means and if it is a real emergency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Not so, there is absolutely NO requirement to see a CWO ,all done via paper application and sent in .

As I've clearly stated its for Exceptional needs only & they certainly don't write blank cheques and each application assessed on Merit.

The reason I've shared this is to encourage anyone in genuine need (and there are many) to apply, don't misinterpret what I've said.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement