Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will women bid for semen in the future?

• 25-01-2023 1:35pm

I was having a look at all the new health gadgets available online from Fitbit to kardiamobile. I noticed there is a new gadget on the market called exseed where you can test the quality of your own semen through an android app. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSdcZmEchmg

It got me thinking about the other available technologies which are available online such as dna testing https://www.ancestry.co.uk/dna/ by ancestry.com.

I was thinking how women are willing to use anonymous sperm in order to have children and thought that this maybe be the next new thing. I was thinking there will be a database online in the future, similar to ebay, where men will input their own genetics, educational qualifications, profession and race and bid their own semen online - I was thinking the best will probably make huge money.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Son...your father was HugeBalls1977 from ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

Hello, Mr Fegeleine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,806 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Well I could see it being horrendously easy to fake, unless there's some sort of end user testing. Bit like online dating, the relationship between the profile picture and the person you're speaking to can be dubious

And no doubt the term "spank factory" would crop up for facilities where lads are forced to knock one out every 30 mins for measly wages or else they get shot

In any case, I believe it's illegal to receive any form of payment for semen donations in Ireland. This is why the film Delivery Man wouldn't work here

To some degree, it's already happening. I read an article a few years ago where some women would pay up to €1,000 to have unprotected sex with some guy for the purposes of getting pregnant.

I assume lads who are, shall we say, have faces suitable for the radio wouldn't be able to demand as much money

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
Advertisement