Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom to Eir

Options
  • 25-01-2023 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I am switching from Pure Telecom as their prices are going up and can't offer a good deal. SKY seems to have a good deal with €30/month through OBS but i am interested in EIR as i can add mobile bundle for €9.99. love to hear from anyone recently joined Eir broadband. They claim they have made improvement to their customer service and average waiting time has been reduced considerably. Thanks

Post edited by jusvi2001 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Eleusis

Don't do it. Eir are still awful. It will go down hill very fast if you encounter any issue that means you need talk or correspond with them in anyway. They will flat out lie to you with no repercussions to them. They will do anything to get you off the phone. It's like noone in the call centers has anyone to answer to, even managers don't care what they say to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

I am currently with Pure myself and I would NEVER go back to EIR. Pure Telcom have the best customer service out of the lot of them.

I know the bar is set low with ISP support, but still, for the sake of a few euro, dont do it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

I’m with Eir FTTH 500mb €35 pm with eir TV for €10 pm so get a free Apple TV. 3 unlimited mobiles bundles for €9.99 each since 2019 absolutely no problems. I ring up every 12 months and get my offer renewed no problem.

Two working from home permanently and absolutely so issues.

I had one billing issue that was resolved with a single call.

Eir have completely transformed as a company in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

With Eir for broadband a few years now. Ring every 12 months and they always do a deal. Have 2 mobiles on my plan and at €9.99 pm each is great value.

Only rang them earlier this week as my current contract was ending and was on hold less than 10 mins waiting to talk to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Olympush

Wouldn’t touch EIR with a barge pole regardless of price. Worst customer care in Ireland by a country mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Same, for the sake of your mental health avoid eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Eir support call centre is in Ireland now so much better than previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I'm 16 years on boards and the last paragraph here is the biggest lie I have ever seen on boards. Eir are still the worst customer care in Ireland and they haven't changed in the last few years, they just like to pretend to of changed. They still have long queues and don't train their staff properly, their staff have to wing it. I'm with Pure myself and will be staying with them as i find their customer care is excellent. The way the industry is setup changing every year to another provider is the only way to keep getting the best deals but I find the small saving not really worth it, when you switch though make sure your new provider actually uses your uan or else they won't cancel with your old provider for you

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

How is a lie ? When were you last a customer with Eir as your currently with Pure Telecom.

In the last few years Eir have rolled out FTTH to well over 300k houses.

They’ve deployed over 500 new 5G capable mobile sites and upgrades over 1k sites to support 4G and 5G. They’ve deployed an IMS so fully support VOLTE and Wi-Fi calling.

They’ve launched a fairly decent TV service with basic channels but for €10 is a good deal.

Anytime I’ve called support I got connected fairly fast.

I agree many years ago Eir had issues with support and I had a horrendous experience with a landline issue about 10 years ago that never got sorted.

I’m not sure how this isn’t a transformation.

If you think that’s the biggest lie on boards in 16 years you need to head over to the conspiracy theory forum.

Im guessing you had a poor experience with them a few years ago and still beating that drum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I have family still dealing with Eir and the wait times are still terrible, its also impossible to get a call back as none of the staff have a spare minute. Eir still have this thing where if you've recently left them they can no longer locate your account.

Your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs are irrelevant, it's Open Eir that have done those things and if you go with Sky, VF or Pure your going through Open Eir and still getting those benefits.

I'm not beating any drum. Eirs PR people say they have changed and people are willing to believe this without evidence of a change. Its like when they rebranded from Eircom to Eir and initially changed nothing about the company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭jusvi2001

Thank you all for the feedback. seems there are more negative reviews than positive. still i have decided to bite the bullet keeping 14 days cooling period as an insurance. €9.99 mobile deal with wifi calling is a pull factor as well. i will update my experience with eir broadband here once it is up and running.

Their call center was always in ireland. North Dublin somewhere by sound of their accents. I think though the problem is that it was a 3rd party call center and they are now in-house. Since the change I have not had any dealing with them (and I still wouldn't) but have heard stories they are still bad.

If you try to end your contract in the cooling off period beware drama may start.

I tried this and long story short is when I changed back to Vodafone they only moved the phone and kept the broadband where it was. Next thing I got a bill for 70 ish euro for data charges. When I questioned it they said it was not their prob and I had to pay. After one week ish iirc of not paying they cut my broadband off. ( Who gets cut off for not paying something for 1 week). Couldn't finish the transfer to Vodafone cause unpaid dept. Eir blocked the transfer. I run a business from home so I had no choice but to pay or have no broadband. It was only 70 euro but it pained me to pay it out of principle. It wasnt my mistake. Lots more drama before this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Seems an easy solution is to ring up for some for support before signing up and see how long you would be on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭_H80_GHT

Just called PURE as my 12 mth contract is up at €35 p/mth for 100mb FTTC. Offered and accepted an 18th mth contract for €35 p/mth for first 12mths and €40 for the final 6mths. My call lasted 2 minutes. Excellent customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pummice

Anyone know what eir charge to get out of contract early? They swore on the phone 6 months ago my broadband was 35.99 pm for 12 months but now after 6 months its going up by 20euro per month

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ask them to produce the recording where you agreed to the increase after 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Sue de Nimes

Eir have some great prices but they have the worst customer service of any company I have ever experienced. I wouldn't touch them if they were the last ISP in the country.

Advertisement