Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Over Quota - Redeployment?

Options
  • 25-01-2023 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

We heard today at a staff meeting that the school is 5.8 (or 5 point something) teachers over quota! Has anybody been in a school where this has happened before or has been through the process? A lot of worried staff and anxious people around and it is not something that helps with the general atmosphere...

Any information in how it works / pans out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Random sample

Not in that situation, but I know someone else who was. They were moved to a school with a very different ethos and student profile, it was very hard on them initially, but they settled in well after the first year.

I presume the principal will have to do a needs of the school audit, work out the seniority list and work from there. Unsettling times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Treppen

Don't just leave it up to your principal to decide though. This is definitely an issue for your Union to consult on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

I've seen it happen, needs of the school is the line they take, audit of the subjects and teaching load ect. Within the subject then it's seniority. So if you need 5 English teachers but you have 6 then the least senior goes. With most having second subjects ect this does give principals some flexibility on who they move. 5 almost 6 seems an awful lot to be over by u less numbers in the school have plummetted.

Like above, one person I know who moved is much happier now actually. Other school ended up being a better fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Voluntary redeployment will be offered first, after that it’s based on the seniority list. Working from the bottom up, can a timetable be run without that person…

Advertisement