Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Tax Rebates

Options
  • 25-01-2023 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I'm broke at the moment and looking to get a refund on emergency tax (if I even paid any). I worked two minimum wage jobs in 2021 and 2022 during the summer.

I registered today with them but I've heard a few people on Reddit say it's a scam as they take a certain amount of anything paid to you by Revenue as commission.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,776 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think they take 7%

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Just register with Revenue.ie and do the returns yourself. A child of 11 could do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

If you can post here, you can file a tax return via Revenue MyAccount yourself. You sound quite unsure if you paid any tax. Have a look at your employment detail summary for the years in question and it will show you of you paid any PAYE or USC.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭slither12

So I did see that I overpaid tax (€100). Does anyone know how long it takes for them to transfer it to my AIB account?

I've also gone and removed Tax Rebates as my PAYE agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I did my return online on 5th January and money (€2700) was in my account three days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

What is needed to do a tax return ?

I’ve the online account set up all ready

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

The type and amount of extra income to be declared, if any.

The amount of medical expenses.

Any other tax reliefs to claim, e.g. remote working.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mackmilo

Exactly. If you’re a on PAYE you should easily be able to fill in your return. I wonder what else tax agents can claim for that you can’t do yourself

Advertisement