Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guarantee for heat pump

• 25-01-2023 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hi. A builder installed an air to water heat pump last May. The system appeared to be working at the time but wasn't used during the summer. Now the heat unit works for about 10 minutes but then cuts out/ trips without giving an error message. I've contacted the heat pump supplier who advised me to register the appliance online and they provided me with a contact number. I've placed a booking for a work request but the standard rate for a service is €200. The unit was only installed 8 months ago. Do I have to pay this bill or is the supplier liable?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

How did you purchase the heat pump? Did the builder you mention arrange for it to be supplied and installed at your home and you paid him for same?

If so, the contractual relationship is between you and him and you should raise the question of any defect in the unit with him in the first instance.

I don’t know the specifics of your situation, but in general terms, I wouldn’t be paying to repair a faulty heat pump 8 months after I bought the thing.

A builder is not going to pay for a service technician without at least first knowing whether he is responsible for the cost. There can be a lot of reasons why a heat pump can malfunction including electrical issues in the house, problems with thermostats, misuse by house owner (not saying you did op) etc. The important thing now is to get the system working and find out what the issue is and who caused it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Perhaps he should call to the premises and carry out an initial assessment then.

It’s only installed 8 months, and is tripping after 10 minutes of operation.

I wouldn’t be paying someone else to come fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Could be the air filter is blocked, or not enough pressure, or issue with the thermostats or any number of things.

You're probably near enough due for your annual service as is, so rather than argue the toss with the builder, get someone in to do the service and find out what the issue is.

Think the lowest I was quoted last year was only €120.

If it was working the last 8 months and through the winter with no issues and now suddenly isn't working, the builder is just going to say it's something you've done recently.

Advertisement