Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre - SIM Card??

Options
  • 26-01-2023 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently signed up to Eir 1GB Fibre broadband package.

I received the router and self-install instructions which I did and I am up and running.

There was also a mobile SIM card in the box with no instructions on what it is for. Can anybody here enlighten me to why I may have received this...

Thanks,

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Sounds like they added a sim only connection to your order. If you've registered for MyEir you may see if it's live in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭RobiePAX

If you received the white modem, then you are not on 1GB cable but on mobile broadband. Sim goes in it.

If you received black modem, then all is good you are on Fibre. They most likely offered you a sim only for Calls, Texts and Data similar to all other providers. You normally need to follow up with Eir to port your number. Make sure to cancel it if you did not intent to sign up for it.

Advertisement