Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden fruit 2023

Options
  • 27-01-2023 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

From the teaser, it's central Cee, honey Dijon and Romy so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Eliza rose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

romy From the xx, Sherelle, interplanetary criminal, yungh Singh, Eliza rose, Sudan archives, Blk, Wesley Joseph

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Assuming there will be headliners for each day too? Can't see those acts shifting many tickets.

Nothing exciting at all. Been downhill for a couple of years now.

Line up was brilliant last year as was the crowd but yeah your right was very very poor full of Johno's the last few years before that.

Won't be attending by the looks of that gack.

Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark are playing Saint Anne's that weekend so may aim for that instead.

• Advertisement

There was a year with aphex, moderat and bon Iver and a host of great acts throughout.

Used to be a three day. Now it struggles as a two day.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

It sells out as a 2 day. It’s positioned for a younger audience

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Poster for 2023.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

That is actually offensive it is so bad.

Shame as it was great last year.

It looks like they're trying to get the Life Festival market, very DJ friendly. Ben Bohmer is not too bad was watching his set recently on Qwest TV where he plays a set from a hot air balloon over the Turkey desert and all his listeners and extra camera men are in other hot air balloons floating about. Eric Prydz, he's trance isn't he and Honey Dijon is probably the only really well known along with Slowthai. But certainly a different animal from that first lineup in 2011.

I didn't realise the actual Bohmer set is on Youtube.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

It's like if you if you took out the top 6 or 7 acts from the lineups in years gone by. Shocking lineup IMO. Usually doesn't take me much to go to this as its convenient for me and on at a good time of year etc but won't be going this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

Will see what the day breakdown is...going to be in Dublin anyway for Lionel Richie on the 4th, so if George Fitz, Ben Bohmer, Honey Dijon or even Eric Prydz (for the laugh!) are on the Saturday I'll probably give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone know when they release the day breakdown?

I presume there will be day tickets also.

line up additions, day breakdowns being announced this week with day tickets going on sale as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Thinking of heading to this solo. Not sure how I feel about it but I'm 37 years old and all my friends are married with kids or emigrated. I still love a decent festival so might just take the leap.

Which acts are worth checking out?? Anybody else ever went to something like this solo??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Sudan Archives is well worth checking out.

Is there not supposed to be an announcement this week for this one, with ATN following soon hopefully.

Grim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Dear oh dear.

Yeah that isn't appealing at all, usually doesn't take much to convince me to go along for the day due to location/BH weekend. You'd have thought a festival on the same weekend as primavera would have been able to pull a few decent acts together. A lot of them playing solo gigs I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Being a live music fan in Ireland is messy rn.

Advertisement