Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenova sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Potato Potata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭bmc58

Still a bit too rich for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

What's an estimated value?its either worth 3k or its not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Mav11

Check out Trustpilot for Lenovo and Digital River before you make any purchase from this lot. Appalling service, from personal experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

There used to be the occasional gaming desktop deal but I've not seen any gaming desktops on the site for the last month or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Got burned by them last Christmas, never again. Full payment taken and then.....nothing. Took me 3 weeks to get any sort of response from them about a laptop they didn't have in stock but sold me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Mav11

Same here. Had to do a chargeback on the credit card. Prices are very attractive and I’m a big fan of Lenovo machines but never again would I touch them online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Eeep, consider me well warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

Got a Chromebook from them a few months ago not a bother -might get another one

A lot of them seem to be older hardware. Or at least, the blurb talks about free windows 11 when it comes out. Some nice deals, but nothing much with a proper graphics card. My mate bought one after I put him onto the last big sale a few years ago and he had 0 issues. He heavily custoised the build too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Awful company to deal with it. Months chasing money , having to repeat everything over and over ..eventually got money back after about 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

4 orders ( 2 laptops and 2 Desktops) in the last 8 months from Lenovo website and no problems with delivery or performance after delivery.

Also was involved in the purchase of 6 laptops and 4 desktops / workstations directly from Dell over the same period. There were issues with 4 of those orders that required remediation - 2 of which have still not been resolved.

Would definitely favour Lenovo over Dell at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭robbe

Same here....ordered 2 laptops over the last 12 months and no issues with delivery or the hardware. Would recommend if something suits you and your budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

I bought a laptop from them a couple of years ago for my daughters Christmas present. It's was DOA when we opened it. Followed their troubleshooting guide - nope. It was dead. Very disappointed daughter over the Christmas period. Took months to arrange to ship it back and get a refund. Wrote a letter of complaint to them and their CEO in the US. Never got a response. Would never deal with them again.

Advertisement