Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭cute geoge

You are a disgracefull human being justifying Josef Puska entitlement to sponge off the Irish taxpayer ,the same murderer that laughed at Aisling Murphy's family when he was in the dock .Shame on you !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,976 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Oh, so you just have an issue with Muslim men then? Is that all Muslim men, what about the ones here who are working.

Do you seriously believe that every Muslim in the world thinks alike, in the same way as every Christian thinks alike?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Did I say "Muslim?" No.

Did I reference the cultures and customs where the top 3 countries numbers wise come from? Yes.

I was directly speaking about the undocumented migrant males appearing in the country whereby now they have to be accommodated in camps at places like Thornton Hall.

You may not see why people don't want these migrant males getting on the Bus from their encampment, now you have a better idea.

Do keep up instead of trying to steer me into referencing a certain group.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,976 ✭✭✭suvigirl

How many religions pray 5 times a day? I'm not sure why you wouldn't say the name of the religion. Bit strange, when all your posts are about their religion and customs.

And no, I am no wiser now, why everyone should be afraid of people because of their religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

Horrible crimes without doubt, but your numbers seem quite exaggerated.

I see a figure of 74 children identified as the victims from a 2024 independent report.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochdale_child_sex_abuse_ring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Can anyone tell me why we couldn’t have built modular homes for nurses and gards in Dublin who can’t afford to rent???

How all of a sudden it can be done for chancers and scam artists who aren’t even from this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

No wiser to my actual original point about the new migrant camps springing up all over the state and why good ordinary Irish citizens don't want them in their towns and villages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

I'd feel a lot safer in general if so many Gardai weren't taken up policing all these protests, investigating arsons, protecting politicians and checking paperwork at airports.

The idea of the anti-immigration brigade being concerned with public safety, whether that's men, women or children, doesn't hold up at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,957 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Because our International obligations trump the citizens of this country every time. That's why. Figleaf politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Thanks. Thats something but nowhere near enough. Thats maybe 3 weeks worth of applicants. Probably less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've a theory. I think the govt have this unyielding desire to be loved by the EU and the rest of the world for that matter. They want Ireland to be seen as this wonderful generous place and have this squeaky clean good reputation.

And sure, so what If that means they have to absolutely shyt on the people of this country, its ethos,values, culture and traditions. Don't tell the locals nothing.

The govt don't work for the people it's supposed to serve. Too busy pleasing Brussels now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭Augme

I have edited it now. It's not my job to determine how long he needs to work. The EU and Ireland are the ones responsible for that. Take the issue up with them if you have a problem with it.

Thank you. A very informative and well written post.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that in terms of the govt reviewing the entitlements of asylum seekers, given the numbers coming in, and no infrastructure/housing for them that these 6 weeks to deal with what is drawing them here is probably the last chance to avoid a humanitarian crisis because we simply can not cope anymore. We are at the end of the road now. It will be destitution and homelessness one way or another for every single asylum seeker that arrives here within a matter of weeks.

That's going to be on our streets extremely visibly. It's going to shock people how bad this will get in my opinion.

We have had 30 years of feckless immigration policy driven mainly by vested interests and "the left".

Reminds me of the quote "everyone has a plan until they are punched in the face". That's us now, getting punched in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Harris addressed this very point yesterday when being questioned by Gript. Those international obligations are not 'imposed' on us by some outside force : we helped draw them up ourselves and were willing signatories to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭Northernlily

International embarassment + and opportunity to enrich some friends of the party.

It's **** ridiculous to be honest. Plenty of people who pay tax are forced to live at home should get one of these subsidised off the state.

So much disrespect from our Government to be honest. They are lucky as hell they have not been turfed out.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fred Cryton threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Indeed, strong message needs to be sent in the local elections, they might **** wake up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Can you imagine if rte were to do a real public service and do a prime time investigates on all the goings on behind the scenes

The eerie music playing while redacted emails are read out by the narrator highlighting who is leaking info to acquire unviable properties on a promise of ipa occupancy

Primetime has received copies of internal department emails that show ...

Copies of documents leaked from x NGO advising staff to advise immigrants to say x when questioned.

Secret filming of so and so from x NGO telling our undercover reported how to get around x

Can you imagine? Because it's going on plain and simple

Social cohesion my arse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Ireland is Full?

It was 8,175,124 in the 1841 census

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Let me guess the same fellas will probably rear their head aswell Troy, McElvaney in Monaghan, Healy Raes etc

There is a massive scandal within this whole story. Folk are becoming multi millionaires off the back dropping the borders. There is a reason why so many ministers have jumped.

They know full well.

Traitors is a word that's thrown around very lightly these days but honestly - some of these people are sailing fairly close to the definition with their conduct as they full their pockets as quickly as they can.

The fella trying to sneak in modular homes onto his land in Westmeath having spotted an opportunity.... caught rapid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭whatever.

You can't just evoke that point and obtusley assert that there is absolutely no comparison with Irish migrants in places like Australia . . . *** . . . — just because Irish migrants aren't asylum seekers or illegal migrants

*** Edit for brevity, see previous for original text

You're conflating consensual activity with non-consensual/forced illegal activity

Commonly referred to in legal circles as

The Rapist's Defence

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

This old chestnut.

You’re actually on to something, at this rate we will be back to 12 people living in a mud hut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The cynic in me says that this is two fingers to McDowell after the referendums, Thornton Hall was his baby

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭holliehobbie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

See the Moduler homes are heading back to the north....

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeXLrrcW/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭klose

Indeed it’s far from full in terms of population per square KM, ranked 144th in the world per wiki.

But in terms of housing services etc it’s getting pretty full, bit like your local pub, grand most times, no ques for the bar, toilets always clean and plenty seats.

Suddenly it’s a bank holiday weekend and the sun is shining and the place is black with people 4 deep at the bar toilets are filthy and you can’t get a seat so you stand shoulder to shoulder awkwardly with your mates in a corner.

We are approaching a sun drenched bank holiday weekend at our metaphorical pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Repro212

Thank you but no need to apologise Fran. This madness is a total mind f**k for most of us. Encouraging what feels like an invasion, cheering the inevitable demise of our own culture and subjecting our children and their offspring to a very different Ireland goes totally against human nature. Colourful language understandable. Stay strong and vote wisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭briany

Couldn't really blame a single person for wanting to come here, to be honest. If I was from a 3rd world country, I'd seriously consider doing the same. Just as hot flows to the cold, people from less well-off areas will aspire to move to places with more opportunity.

Not that a negative reaction to a load of unfamiliar people showing up in a short time isn't understandable - it is - but the spiel is always the same. It's chancers chucking their passports away at border control or people in a backroom devising a fiendish plan to divide society. Worldwide inequality doesn't get a look in, because we sort of benefit from that with all the cheap resources and labour and no one can seem to get their head around to really address that issue anyway.

So, pull the ladder up, Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Do you understand the gravity of the crisis this country is now in?

The people that put us here are suddenly going quiet. Why are they going quiet? I'll tell you why. Because the reality of this has arrived in the communities, their communities, that foolishly thought they would never have to deal with it (while they preached to everyone else from upon high). This was for the poor people not them. Now the shanty towns are turning up in south Dublin attitudes suddenly change and so does the government policy.

We all know instinctively it's too late but the government should immediately declare a national emergency and stop all requests for asylum in this state until we sort ourselves out.

Who will be punished for this disaster that is here now? No-one. The leftists get to go quiet and disappear from the airwaves. We will all be punished. All of us. Equality in punishment.

Our capital is in the process of being destroyed by shanty towns that will spring up everywhere. There are 600 arriving a week. They are going on to the streets.

To put in to perspective even if Thornton Hall was available today that is 3 weeks worth of asylum seekers.

And I guarantee it won't be because the communities near there will be protesting too. If it's good enough for D4…

We are in an absolute crisis and very serious decisions need to be made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Will0483

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

Researcher Angie Heal, who was hired by local officials and warned them about child exploitation occurring between 2002 and 2007, has since described it as the "biggest child protection scandal in UK history",[11] with one report estimating that 1,400 girls were abused by "grooming gangs".[9]

This was taken from the main researcher from the report.

Police ultimately went forward with the cases of less than a hundred of the victims as many were too scared to go to trial or didn't want to participate.

Advertisement