Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options
1895896897898899901»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,605 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Further arson attacks in limerick and donegal at proposed asylum seekers centres

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭Quags

Let’s be honest, voting doesn’t work. They’ll say what is needed to get themselves in the door or stay in the door. Nice pension and handy number and have absolutely nobody to reprimand them if it goes tits up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭dublin49

the fires in Coolock gives them an out I hope they take it,they should announce the fire has undermined the structure of the Crown buiding and there will need to be extensive remedial repair to put it right,Then do nothing and let the situation diffuse ,albeit they will probably be paying tru the nose for the building despite no service,Political expediency and common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

They have to much clout. Their solicitors are the best of the best. The judge might even reside there himself. They don't want it in greystones for the same reason coolock don't. The country is united on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Are you in the wrong thread, says your banned on page 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭eggy81

If they did get it up and running they have to pay the staff and services to feed/maintain the property anyway so there no payback no matter what way you look at it. It’s good money after bad no matter what way you dress it up.

But those on this forum are insisting that coolock, east wall and pearse st take them in with no pushback. Funny how burning buildings affect them but don’t worry that much when the unknowns are causing trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭tastyt

Well done Coolock , after been talked down to and gaslighted by the media and government over the past few days they show up in numbers .

The majority are with them , the deluded others can keep themselves warm in their echo chamber .

I’m convinced half of those guards must feel very uncomfortable and guilty about what they are being made do to their fellow countrymen in defence of foreign scammers and a corrupt government

all this upheaval does not suit the good folk of D4 that kindly suggested moving the IPA centre from Mount st to somewhere more suitable ,where eh theres "wrap around services" available,nice try ,but soiree ,no chance now .

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Unfortunately you are right, it's a sad state of affairs. There is no accountability in our Politics.

On another point you look at SF, these disadvantages areas such as Coolock would be their bread and butter for this party at one stage but SF don't care about these people and have gone else where.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

It's so sad. My community would be considered upper middle so we escape this disaster but anyone with a heart should feel sorry for the working class areas that have been abandoned and betrayed continuously. They have my full solidarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

You guys have entirely misjudged the national mood on this.

Truth of the matter is FFG (and I'm not a supporter) have an open goal here.

Any half way competent crack down on this lawless minority and they stay in power for at least another ten years.

People affected by this dumping and it is dumping of IPA into these areas do not care what the national mood is and the reason being is the well to do class in this country won’t ever have to worry about this happening to them and as with this country it’s the old “well it’s not affecting me so I do t care” attitude and I’m not digging at you here Megaman but those people who are not affected have an awful lot to say when it becomes out of hand.

Sure SF could have stood up and being an opposition but the next government whoever it will have probably 2/3 of hold so I know things won’t change.

Dream on in your woke bubble,theres nut jobs hanging around the anti immigration movement and it allows the Government some breathing space,but make no mistake ,theres majority local resistence to all these sites and the Government know it,Expect a pivot shortly to we are now listening and reacting accordingly with the wishes of the electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 veejay09

The current government are behaving without mandate on this issue and have been for a long time.

Opinion polls have changed drastically, there has been escalation from peaceful protesting to arson all over the country.

The government simply refuse to change.

If there were to be a crackdown with mass arrests and curtailing protest and so on in order to ram their ideas in place, let me tell you in no uncertain manner, it would cause uproarious acceleration of the pushback.

The optics alone would be unthinkable. They know it. And that's why when you have a truly dreadful, deeply unpopular idea, you'll find yourself in catch 22's all the way until you give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭combat14

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭giseva

Peaceful protests turned ugly by some is bad....but peaceful protests turned ugly by the Public Order Unit is good?

The footage is there for all to see. Some Gardai again using heavy handed tactics against peaceful protesters so is it any wonder crowds retaliate.

I don't condone scum, and an element of scum always end up at these protests. But pepper spraying protesters who've done feck all except be part of the protest isn't a good look.

The tracksuit brigade is one thing, but unfortunately there are a few thugs wearing AGS uniforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭giseva

A deeply flawed system, make a mess of one ministerial position and sure no worries, try your hand at another one.... and when things get really bad....just step down and enjoy your pension and whatever else you lined up while in office. You'll soon be forgotten as the media will be covering the next numpties fighting over the job. They'll no doubt make a mess of things and forget about the people that put them there and the promises they made.....and the cycle continues!

100%, I think the current escalating crisis is a function of the following Government behaviour,

1 Apathy,

2Woke/NGO/ leftish media pressure,

3 Denial of reality and refusal to change direction when facts change.

4.Crisis management, cliff side poor decision making.

5.Chose wrong fork in road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Face covering law?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Advertisement