Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options
1950951952953954956»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

No doubt he got it from Twitter or somewhere, which, along with Facebook, seem to be the common denominators behind most societal unrest these days. Both need razed to the ground, and I say that as a regular user of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 fedra

The discourse is for nowt.

Society has been essentially abandoned by governance for an extremely long time. I'll justify that with all the metrics mentioned above.

Its disgraceful. Both on the ones supposedly running the country and an electorate that has allowed the place be run into the ground.

I've heard people come up with better ideas for controlling and halting refugees over the course of a sandwich.

Meanwhile the government with thousands of people at its disposal, 40 hours a week for a decade cant do anything?? Not one single, solitary thing beyond handing hundreds of millions if not billions to private hands??

F**k this gaslighting bulls**t.

The chaos beginning to erupt out of this contemptible negligence is nothing less than the chickens coming home to roost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭omega man

fedra, you’re full of sh1te if I’m being honest. I’m not sure you even know what you’re talking about but knock yourself out…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I literally saw that very same argument on X today about the rioters in the UK ……and you the one today talking about bad Russian actors on social media, what is the opposite to that? because if one side is being fed a line then the same can most certainly be said of the opposite

https://twitter.com/i/status/1819985179282206828

or are you simply plagiarizing 'Claire'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Race riots/skirmishes/battles. Take your pick.

• Advertisement

You're not being honest, least of all with yourself, and that problem extended far and wide across this country is the root of it all.

Nobody in their right mind can look at the last 10 years of this building disaster and say "that was an excellent idea".

Everyone wants to blow hard and condemn because it's the easiest, and least effective thing that can be done. It's pure laziness.

Should people be smashing the place up? No. Best answer.

Has this situation been allowed develop with utter disregard for the guts of a decade? Yes. Best answer.

We could lock these rioters up in the prisons we don't have, by the police we have less of, after treating injuries in healthcare spaces we don't have, where afterwards they can be rehabilitated in housing we don't have.

But there's hundreds of millions perhaps billions of euros to blow on hoarding refugees?

And no single mention of ANY solution to ANY of the problems going forward?

And when more people end up rioting because of the above, what then?

Gaslighting bullsh*t. And that there is real honesty if anyone cared to face up to it.

Chickens coming home to roost, and they'll continue flocking until enough people have the audacity to face reality for what it is rather than what is dreamt.

Some immigrants will integrate. Many won't.

You only need to look at the London/Paris riots. Sons/daughters of immigrants.

All Immigration at the level we're seeing, is importing more people who will fall into the margins.

Country creaking already regarding resources which means more disaffected youth.

Brown People are the same as white. We will have second generation immigrant riots soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭nachouser

Lads, you'll be threadbanned for civility, so the "full of shite" isn't useful.

as opposed to registering here today and spouting absolute nonsense to the point of being inflammatory? I do get the point though, thanks

I mean RTE says 'far right' about 400 times day. Don't know how you can blame social media for the introduction of the terminology.

• Advertisement

The four pillars of the new migration and asylum policy

Secure external borders

Robust screening: Those not fulfilling the conditions to enter the EU will be registered and subject to identification, security, and health checks.

Eurodac asylum and migration database: The Eurodac Regulation turns the existing database into a fully-fledged asylum and migration database, ensuring clear identification of everyone who enters the EU as an asylum seeker or an irregular migrant.

Border procedure and returns: A mandatory border procedure will apply for asylum applicants who are unlikely to need protection, mislead the authorities or present a security risk. Efficient returns with reintegration support will apply for those not eligible for international protection.

Crisis protocols and action against instrumentalisation: The Crisis Regulation provides quick crisis protocols, with operational support and funding, in emergency situations.

It seems like a lot of what everyone on here is asking for is in the pipeline to be delivered.

Maybe this was already shared, bank holiday weekend and all that so I haven't been on the thread much. But, again, the Pact seems like a good thing.

You know yourself that you've said nothing of note. No even mention of the facts of reality.

You want condemnation and you have it.

You want to allude to censorship by mentioning I registered today.

The problem is that people with your practically useless soundbites don't know what to do about anything after the condemnation.

Feel free to list out the positive outcomes of government strategy, of the last decade, that has resulted in less housing, non stop ballooning refugee payments, police force, healthcare, childcare, prison facility, etc. List them all out on a postage stamp and then ask yourself why chaos is erupting.

Hence honesty, and the fact many people will inevitably end up having a sit down with themselves one day or the other, but it's coming nonetheless.

One choice, essentially. Condemn the results, or criticise and rectify what has led to those results. Honesty will rise to the top eventually.

There's nothing more to say on my end. I've said plenty and implicated a wide range of class problems, infrastructural problems, corruption, reckless expenditure, zero foresight and more.

I'm sure there'll be 100,000 more variations of condemnations with not an iota of what to do past it. An intellectual thrill ride.

not sure many of them care or want actual solutions. It’s just a smokescreen.
    In the case of the UK it was the EUs fault and brexit would save them. However most of us will see that this proposed EU pact will help to address genuine concerns.

Proof will be in the pudding. If tent cities dissappear from my city centre then I'll be happy enough.

I know you think it's racist to expect the government to be able to prevent such a scenario but I don't.

I not only expect it, I demand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

So you clearly refuse to come down on the side of the latter

no one wants to see tents, either homeless Irish or immigrants. “Tent cities” is a bit extreme btw if you’re referring to Dublin.
    Not sure why you think you know what I think either? Not wanting tents ain’t racist but threatening or attacking immigrants is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Ahwell

How about these arseholes roitng at the moment. You don't see them as being on the margins of society? Really? How integrated are they? Or do you see them as some kind of role-models.

I though my point was pretty clear. But I'll go again and take your reply in good faith.

The people currently rioting in the UK, the people who rioted in Dublin are absolutely on the margins. 90% are most likely on full benefits.

Trying to claim that immigration will produce less of these people than indigenous populations have is actually, in itself, a little racist..

As I said, brown and white people are the same. Many immigrants will fall into the margins as these indigenous people have and then like Paris/London you'll get disaffected brown riots.

Something to look forward too.

Definitely not extreme. Have you walked the canal, did you take a stroll down mount street?

Ironic you taking exception with my presuming of your opinion when your post presumed the opinion of most posting on the thread.

• Advertisement

Not exactly “cities” though come on.
    show me where I presumed the opinion of “most people” on this thread.

Do you have any back up to what you have just posted? I see on social media, a couple of the folk rioting in England are in good jobs and have their own business… the margins?

You said "not sure many of them care or want solutions".

I said 90%. Did you see the people charged for the Dublin riots?? Nearly all of them where " of no fixed abode".

That was in reference to rioters hence my brexit point, not boards posters.
    and I followed up in that post with “most of us will see that this proposed EU pact will help to address genuine concerns”

The post you replied to specifically stated people on here calling for X, to which you replied "not sure many care or want solutions". The UK are not in the EU so why would you be referring to UK rioters?

Anyway I'll take your clarification in good faith.

Literally said it a few times, it is not acceptable for people to be rioting.

Where peoples brains tend to break is what is supposed to come after the millionth condemnation.

Given the previous decade of neglect regarding society at large, evidenced through all the metrics I mentioned above, it all starts to feel very performative and lazy.

But sure, I'll add in a 5th condemnation. It isn't right for these riots to be happening. There.

Condemnation now achieved, what's next to resolve 10 years of neglect and prevent another 10? Or is this the point where everyone goes back to bed?

Their societal ills are caused by one group and they take it out on another group….

Advertisement