Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings - updated 11/5/24*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

I feel that these anti-refugee fanatics are basically anti everyone who does not conform to their views ... they are part of a much bigger problem and one with funding from abroad linked into other fanatic entities like the Trump base et al ... they are all puppets for a global sinister org that does not have the best wishes of the people anywhere at heart ...

Some people may have legit concerns about things ... for example long lockdowns back in 2020 and 2021 ... but these guys hijacked these legit concerns and the legit annoyance of the public over what became prolonged oppressive restrictions on movement outside 5Km and the like ... the govt got this end of Covid policy VERY WRONG and gave these far right thugs a cause ...

People listened to them during Covid and some got poisoned by their lies ... anti gay, anti foreigner, anti trans, anti this, anti that ... they are full of negativity and hate and feed on this ... they blame migrants for all the crime ... funny thing is I was in Dublin back in the summer and was in part of it full of criminals and guess what? They were all clearly Irish, openly talking their drug dealing lingo and issuing threats to each other not caring if the rest of us heard them or not .... all white Irish with inner city Dublin accents !! ... I guess the far right brigade will never mention this ... I guess these Irish thugs would be part of any far right violence against migrants though ...

Burning hotels, buses, garda cars, etc. and intimidating people and worse is what needs a zero policy ... suppose if refugees were no longer around ... these far right thugs would find another cause to hone in on ... eventually they'd get around to us all ... first the criminals ... everyone says: they deserve it .... then migrants: everyone says there are too many .... then gays .... the rest say well we are ok .... then travellers .... the rest say at least they are leaving the settled alone .... then non-Christians .... the rest say ok we will be fine as long as we go to mass .... then people who don't want children ... then the sick ... then the elderly ... then anyone who speaks out ... then anyone who won't fight their wars .... this is where this ends because this is what the far right stand for .... fearmongering then oppression then war ....

They clearly have that fear in some already .... Enoch Burke? Why is he willing to do time for the far right?? ... why is this intelligent man willing to spend as long as it takes in jail over a trivial matter ?? ... well he clearly is afraid of someone other than the Irish Prison Service .... Burke got sucked in and now he cannot leave because he is afraid of those overlords and rightly so ... they are dangerous violent terrorists and nothing else with powerful connections to heavyweights like the US Republican Party ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

I know certain people in the country should get medals

I didn't say All. But whoever or what percentage care to do whatever they want you and some others are willing to risk it. Perhaps you have more reasons to risk it than others. Our Government policy is to risk it so why not you. Anyhow issue solved for know in one certain place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Morning all, I'll be in Dublin Airport later. I'll have a gander to see if I can spot any Ukrainians returning to that dangerous war torn country for their Christmas Holliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭tom23

if you hear of magic beans white paper telling you once you get here you’ll have your own front door in three months… that’s why they are coming here because they know once the passport is flushed they will be ok with the likely outcome they won’t get deported. They might even end up like lucky in charge of their own NGO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I think anybody who thinks we have an "easy" or "open to all" border policy should try showing up on a flight and saying you lost your documents. Your mind might be changed

Could we have stronger border controls? Yes, but that doesn't mean the current ones are weak

And what happens when you do arrive from a flight and say you lost your documents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Take a return flight out of the country, ditch the passport on the flight back and see for yourself. It aint no picnic

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blind As A Bat

Well, if they're not supposed to stay in the area then that makes a nonsense of your previous point that the government places them in rural areas so that they'll integrate. Surely they'll all just drift to the nearest urban area and end up forming the very ghettos that you say the government is cleverly avoiding.

OK. I thought you actually knew.

It's not a very convincing answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I agree. If it were me I'd also try and get to a thriving economy and English speaking might help. I'd say the ones coming from UK also want EU access to give them more options.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Field east

Stand up MajicJohn and be a man. Answer Strada ‘s question and put it up to him. Show him up for what he is!

Ah Jaysus, why are some people on this thread so vague? Who should get medals? Spit it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Field east

What I cannot understand is how is anyone allowed onto a plane - assume all the asylum seekers/refugees come in by plane- in the departing country without any documentation. Is there an international Law/regulation/understanding re passengers being allowed on planes leaving a country ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭riddles

They come with no passport fleeing some unknown place and some stuff happens here and then they return to the unknown place of terror as holiday makers using an Irish passport. That’s the high level view.

I think they have documents when boarding the plane but ditch them when arriving in the other side.

I would think that is rare but may happen.

My wider question is how it seems anyone and everyone seem to be able to enter the state and our policy seems to be to take their word for it for the reasons why they are here.

If we have stict immigration policies in place we should be enforcing them.

It seems that once people from around the world arrive into Ireland the process ends.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

What a rant, conflating multiple ills together and cementing them all to the 'far right'!!

When in fact, the case is that anyone who does not agree with government policy on such matters and/or is affected by same and who dares to express their thoughts - is immediately labelled as a threat and to be cracked down on.

I put it to you that the 'far right' is actually the current administration seeking to force their plans on local communities and on Irish society.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

the problem with this Govt is they are so anxious to appear as the "best boy in the class/teacher's pet" to our European "betters"/leaders, they will literally bend the people of this country over backwards in order to appear to be doing "the right thing".

They they are incapable of thinking for themselves and immediately want to silence anybody who (inconveniently) speaks their mind. They rely on Irish people's inherent unwillingness to speak out for fear of being labelled a nuisance or somehow awkward, or God forbid the R word.

Well Irish people have had enough. It's time to speak out. It's time to be awkward. It's time to be a nuisance!

Room for 2 more in The Saint Luke's Youth Group!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

As I pointed out on this thread yesterday we don’t deport anyone - we literally can’t. So compared to basically any other first world process we are a very tempting and easy target - also you don’t have to worry about tough questions if you only selectively understand English/French or whatever other languages we cater to in Dublin or IP centers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Augme

The democratically elected government implementing their policies is being far right now? Strange way of looking at it. These small downs shouldn't get anything else provided by the government then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Yes, it's demonstrating 'far right' tendencies regularly now in attempting to shout down/ shut down growing concerns & dissent. At least some local politicians now are having to reflect on what they're hearing from constituents and obliged to moderate their tune.

I disagree. I don't think pointing out people's position on issues is shouting them down.

Can't do that, as I might not allowed to post again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Funnily enough, when I heard about it, my first thought was insurance fraud. It's the perfect crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Hitler was democratically elected and used the Jews and communists as the big boogeyman to gain more power and eventually become a totalitarian dictator. It’s an extreme example but it’s true

There is no evidence of an actual far right in Ireland, literally none - look at the people touted as far right agitators on the during the Dublin riot - a few ill informed and even stupid lads doing live streams on twitter for mostly personal gain.

have you seen any far right meet up’s being advertised in your area? Any ads online or far right groups on Facebook? where is the far right thread on boards?

do we even have a single far right leaning TD?

Mcentee goes on about elements of the far right like there’s a far right to begin with, there isint. is there genuine racists among us, yes. Is there people who dislike all immigration, yes. Do they have a coherent, aligned and uniform political opinion absolutely not.

This is the boogeyman Augme. Or more appropriately the scape goat - anything hard question is now the fault of the far right and becomes a much easier question to answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Unless this hotel is secretly the TARDIS, how was it to house 70 asylum seekers next friday?

I agree. I have never used the far right phrase in any context relating to Ireland. It's a meaningless slur. It usually ends rational debate. People are just people with different views.

• Advertisement

Of course, no evidence at all. Here's the former leader of a registered political party in Ireland, but yes, no far right exist at all.

Advertisement