Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings - updated 11/5/24*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Augme

Did you use that line when people were looting footlocker in November?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,444 ✭✭✭✭road_high

In your salivating rush to have women’s and kids skulls crushed in their own communities This is a very bad look for the regime - using a police force as their political play things against local people is not going to end well. These are the actions of a desperate authoritarian state. The videos of AGS are being widely shared online and I can comfortably say the vast majority of the Irish public would be very uncomfortable with this kind of heavy handed behaviour

You mean the Garda protecting women and children from having their skulls crushed? I'd see that as a good look for the Garda, after that is their job to prorctect people from criminals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,450 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

to be fair there were women and children entering the building, i've seen pics on twitter, and the garda were trying to hold the baying mob back from them, seems fair enough to me

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Just looking at the Ukrainian refugee distribution map by county, the government have some **** neck to send so many refugees to Donegal. Only the forgotten county when it comes to investment it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭newhouse87

People lost their jobs in the hotel over this. You haven't a clue what you are talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Pouring Petrol on the the flames sending in the heavy squad, no where to be seen in Dublin but yet out in force for a relatively small protest,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It won't end well for any side in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Rte has become such a pathetic government ran station. Plain to be seen now the stance Rte is taking on Drivetime. Local Irish citizens are the thugs stopping crying women and children from entering accommodation. Shame on the government for using these vulnerable refugees to push their narrative. Shame is on the government of this country not the people of Roscrea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

When some of the hotels owned by greedy hoteliers return to normal use, I wonder how many people will avoid using them because of the way they treated their staff, not to mention how local tourism was kicked into touch because tourists had nowhere to stay?

Some hoteliers might get their fingers burned after the temporary huge profits come to an end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭dmakc

Totally made up stuff today.

Just shows how low this government will stoop. Sad day for the country when the government decides to go against its own citizens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,444 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I think we are long passed the stage where this government had any pretence of representing Irish interests and taxpayers. That ain’t their priority

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Not a great look for the State or its agents today. Something like that will live long in the memory down there.

Forcibly going against the community is not going to win hearts and minds. Considering that has to be the overall aim, today is a gigantic own goal by those in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,495 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Irish government sold the land of milk and honey spiel to the huddled masses without a notion of a plan for when they did turn up on these shores. Deflecting any questioning of whether this policy was a good idea.

We are about to see the "Irish Dream" go very sour for all concerned.

Most out of touch government ever,and worse still they have no conscience about destroying this country.

I'm looking forward to boycotting a hotel in Mayo, a place that was originally taking in refugees for a few months at the back end of 2022. They eventually decided not to take in paying guests until 2025. Two of those paying guests won't be myself or my wife. The upside of them closing for normal business is that we found a better place to stay, so I should thank them for that. 😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Just what the hell is going on? When conspiracy theory logic starts to sound credible you know your in trouble, but this is Ireland and grand conspiracies are too much to except from the gombeens.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,568 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Those videos in Roscrea are not doing anyone any favours.

I feel sorry for the women and children that had to witness that.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Shame on the people for stop vulnerable refugees from entering accommodation. That's about as low as it can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Shame on the government. They're not listening to the Irish people. Shameful scenes on the news this evening by the Gardaí. Elections are coming up this year, I hope people remember all the government BS when and where it counts.

You are really naive if you can't see through what happened here today.

Vulnerable refugees used as pawns against Irish citizens.

Shame on this government, spineless overpaid incumbents.

That was governments plan for this.

It's the immigrants they used today I feel sorry for because it shows that the government doesn't care less about them either.

I think Roderic O'Gorman is the most arrogant one of the bunch, his attitude towards the concerned public seems to be "you're getting these people in your community whether you like it or not." I think that some TDs' political careers will come to an end when the final general election results are out for the way that the refugee/migrant situation has been handled. That might be the only time that they'll wake up, but by then the damage will be well and truly done.

Post edited by ejmaztec on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭tom23

i’d say shame on the government. They could have handle this better. They got what they want.

What really happened was that the government did what they have been doing for a long time now. Provide accommodation for refugees. You make it sound as if thismis some new policy of theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The claim has been all along that the government and the MSM cares far too much about refugees and asylum seekers and not enough about Irish people. You can't have it both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bennjaminben

I saw this on the news earlier. Fairly balanced representation on tv3.

Then the segment signs off with, I paraphrase, "but the government will continue to do this"

This is going to end in bloodshed. It's no more a threat to say that than predicting the effects of gravity. Politicians will end up dead, a building will be set on fire with people inside, a landlord/hotelier will be beaten to a pulp, some crime will happen which will spark an immediate spree of blind violent retaliation, innocent people or not.

There can't be a person in the country who doesn't foresee the conclusions of this situation. It's sad, its abhorrent, its predictable. But on we march toward it.

Reality is extremely easy to predict. The hard part is accepting reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,568 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

They were well hand picked today weren't they. Shows how low they will stoop to push their narrative. Disgusting.

Advertisement