Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass Player available, Dublin

Options
  • 27-01-2023 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey,

Experienced bass player looking to join or start a band in Dublin. I live in South Dublin so the Bray/Greystones area is also cool. Can do backing-vocals if needed. Own gear, transport etc. Into Rock, Indie, Alternative, Post-Grunge.

Oliver

Post edited by Oliaction on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bastien

Hello Oliver, I'm looking for a bassist for a The Strokes cover band (we're getting started and looking for a guitarist and singer too). Would that be something you'd be interested in trying? We've been working on the following songs so far: Hard To Explain, 12:51, Is This It, Reptilia, You Only Live Once

Let me know what you think

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Oliaction

Hey Bastien,

thanks for reaching out. I don't think so tbh. I really like The Strokes and am not a stranger to playing covers, but a The Strokes only cover band might be a bit too dry for me. Whats your long-term vibe? Plan on maybe adding your own stuff or other covers to the mix?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bastien

Hey Oliver, so the full story is that me (drummer) and the guitarist were part of a Strokes cover band that fell apart due to band members moving country or starting a new curriculum and not being able to commit to regular band practices. So we figured that we may as well try to get another Strokes cover band together and play these songs that we had already learned.

I don't think either of us are married to only doing Strokes songs but it's a convenient starting point.

In short, the main objective is getting more musicians to play with us and see where we go from there.

If you'd be interested in giving it a try for one practice let me know, we'd probably just play through these Strokes songs first, but if you want to suggest another cover we could give it a try as well.

Cheers,

Bastien

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emilie-mc

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lyricsmachine

Hey did you find a band yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement